View Full Version : Can't capture 30p on FCP

Douglas Joseph
January 11th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hello, I'm new to FCP. I have ver. 5.0.1, and I'm having difficulty capturing some footage... I'm using the jvc hd110. I'll make it nice and quick. I click file, log and capture, this error appears: unable to initalize video deck. You may still log offline clips or use Capture Now. After I click the okay on the error, color bars appear, and it says "No Communication" at the bottom. My capture settings are at dvcpro hd 720p 30p, 48 kHz... My easy set up is also at dvcpro hd 720p 30p. I shouldn't have any problem; should be running real smooth. A couple days ago, I captured 30p just fine... Now, I don't know what the problem is. Thanks in advance. Take it easy.

Douglas Joseph
January 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM
By the way, I'll just put it like this. I can't capture anything at all...

Steve Benner
January 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
The HD110 is a HDV cam, not a DVCPRO HD cam. You need to use the Easy Setup 720 - 30P HDV. From here, make sure the Firewire switch on the HD100 is set to HDV, and everything should be fine.

If you don't want to edit HDV natively, you can use the AIC 720 30P preset, which transcodes the incoming HDV to the Apple Intermediate Codec which is an "I" Frame based codec.