View Full Version : Edius/ Premier Plug-In

Craig Bellaire
January 19th, 2007, 12:27 PM
OK we have 3 edius 3.5 systems with the cards... but hate the software... .. Sorry... but just to complicated... Plus we are using Premier Pro and Love it... So Edius is was to have a Plug In for Premier to be able to use the card and we have never been able to figure out where it is or how to use it... Any help would be great... Thanks

John Richard
January 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Canopus ended their plug-in support for Premiere at 1.5 and it was somewhat limited a that.

Premiere 6.5 was the last plug-in that provided robust support with the Canopus Storm hardware cards. And the Storm card has now been obsoleted.

Your current choices for Premiere 2.x are to use a powerhouse computer in OCHI mode or look into the hardware choices from AJA and Blackmagic.

Or make the leap to Canopus' Edius NLE.

Craig Bellaire
January 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM
OK well.... then why would the info for this card "Edius NX for HDV" say that there is a plug in... for the Edius Version 3.5. and the Card for Adobe Premier, I relize it doesn't say Premier 2.0 or PRO... just wondered and trying to figure our why we spent over 3 grand then for 3 cards... hhhmmm ... thanks

Randy Donato
February 6th, 2007, 02:59 PM
The Nx will work with PPro 2.0 in SD res and any other app that supports output to a DV device(no good for HD but SD yes)...all you have to do is start up ADVC mode and treat it like a camera or deck...works in Encore, CS2 and AE that way as well but if you have NX get the CS2 and AE plugins and they support HD res....just not in PPro.

Craig Bellaire
February 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I think I got it now..... I also am forcing myself to work a project through Edious.... It's not that easy to learn but the more you do it the better you get.... thanks so much