View Full Version : Jvc Hd - Help!

Garrison Hayes
January 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
A friend of mine just purchased a JVC GR-HD1.............exactly.

I've tried to capture the video into both Avid and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 (Both Avid and Adobe have been newly updated and say that they support HDV)

I've read several times that the GR-HD1 had limited editing capabilities...but. A guy at Showcase Camera (Here in Atlanta) told me that if i updated my Software i'd be Good-To-Go...

Any help at all. I really need to edit this video but i cant get it out of the camera.

Garrison Hayes
January 21st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Re-Boost...

Is it me, or is the video coming out of this thing Metalic...

Garrison Hayes
January 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Just Putting it out there...i need a little help...

This is my last booster

Ken Hodson
January 26th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Try posting in the dedicated HD1/10 forum on this site. It is an HDV cam so I doubt if you will get much response from Open DV Discussion. Or are you shooting in DV mode, and that is why you posted here?

Garrison Hayes
January 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Try posting in the dedicated HD1/10 forum on this site. It is an HDV cam so I doubt if you will get much response from Open DV Discussion. Or are you shooting in DV mode, and that is why you posted here?

Yes, thats why i'm posting here...because i'm shooting in both HD as well as SD. However, SD / DV are my primary shooting modes..

Ken Hodson
January 29th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Okay I see it has been transfered to HD1/10 forum now. If you need help with a specific cam always post in that cams forum for best chance of help. I only accidentally stumbled on your thread.
The HD1/10 have the exact same editing capability as any other HDV cam. So no it isn't limited in any way. Are you running XP SP2? There should be no problem capturing footage from PremPro. Does the cam show up in Device manager when it is plugged in? Is there another cam (any type) that you can plug into your firewire to be sure that other cams work?

Garrison Hayes
January 29th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'd connected my DVX100B (via Firewire) to the camera and did somewhat of a "Tapeless" recording type thing once before. I let a friend of mine take the camera to try it on his PC and the same exact thing happened...

Still Baffled...

G. Hayes

Ken Hodson
January 30th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I'd connected my DVX100B (via Firewire) to the camera and did somewhat of a "Tapeless" recording type thing once before.
G. Hayes

Not sure what you mean by that. I gather your PC is not recognizing the cam?
Are you using XP SP2?
Does XP recognize the cam when it is pluged in( does a device connected alert pop-up on the bottom right of the screen)?
What does it show it as in XP device manager?
If XP doesn't see it at all, have you tried a new firewire cable?

Lets get some solids on those questions, then we can try to move forward.

Garrison Hayes
February 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Not sure what you mean by that. I gather your PC is not recognizing the cam?
Are you using XP SP2?
Does XP recognize the cam when it is pluged in( does a device connected alert pop-up on the bottom right of the screen)?
What does it show it as in XP device manager?
If XP doesn't see it at all, have you tried a new firewire cable?

Lets get some solids on those questions, then we can try to move forward.

Maybe This Will Work:

I gather your PC is not recognizing the cam? - No, it Recognizes the camera, Prmiere Pro. 2.0 Doesnt.

Are you using XP SP2?- Yes I Am

Does XP recognize the cam when it is pluged in( does a device connected alert pop-up on the bottom right of the screen)? - Yes i get a nice little balloon when i turn on the Camera

What does it show it as in XP device manager? - Never checked...i no longer have the camera, but when i get it again i'll tell you.

If XP doesn't see it at all, have you tried a new firewire cable? - My cable works perfectly...i capture with it with another camera at least once every week, without fail.

Ken Hodson
February 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Being that PremPro is fully HDV compliant I would get help at an Adobe tech help or post in their forums.
There also is an HDV editing forum on this site that would have far more eyes with knowledge of the subject then here. Give it a try. I believe the Cineform capture utility works for free for plain mpeg2.ts capture even after its intermediate codec conversion stops after demo period expires. David Newman on the HDV editing forum would be able to help with that, as he is the Cineform rep.

Leonard Richardson
February 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hi

Have you tried the software that comes with the camera. I have the GR-HD1 for over a year worked all the time. did some updates on my system. After that I used the Cap. utility and it did not show the cam. reinstalled, still no good . looked at afew different fourms and found that the setting in my onscreen menu on the cam was set wrong. changed it back and the Utility worked great. It was never my system it was the setting on my Cam. I must have changed it when I was looking around. there is alot of software that will work with this cam. It is not as bad as people say it is. I found the fix. If I remember, set the iLink out to SW not "auto" and it should work. also try the cap software it should show GR-hd1 or JY-hd10 in the window that way you know it is working right. Hoped that helped

Len

Wayne Benjamin
February 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Tell me, are you able to capture in SD mode? What happens to me is, I hook it up but when I Try to capture the capture screen is blank. I'm going to try what Len said, if this works then I'm in complete bliss! I love this Camera, it just has a lot of shortcoming that's all, like no built in ND filters and so on.
If you're able to capture in SD mode please tell me how you do it!

Thanks

Ken Hodson
March 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Do you mean SD mode or DV mode?
I am assuming you really mean 480p60 SD mode. What platform and capture utility are you capturing to? It will depend upon which for 480p60 compatibility.

Wayne Benjamin
March 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'm use premiere 2.0 and Edius 4 (PC), and yes I mean SD mode.
Thanks

Leonard Richardson
March 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
HI

Go to the menu on the HD10 go to "I-link" in the setup menu . There is to settings auto or SW.. "Take It Off Auto" and set to "SW" and your system should see the camera. If it is in auto It will never see it. I did some updates on my system and thought is was my XP, come to find out it was the camera got changed to atuo set it back to SW and it worked !!

Len

Wayne Benjamin
March 10th, 2007, 05:55 AM
it recognizes the cam, it's just that nothing comes up in the capture window. You can control the cam from your computer, but you can't capture.

Ken Hodson
March 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm uncertain if PremPro can natively capture the 480p60 mode. If you are fine on capturing 720p30 but not 480p60 then you would have your answer. Get the Cineform capture utility.