View Full Version : Color Correction

Chris Marty
January 27th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I have what may be an absolutely ridiculous question, but one that I'm struggling to find a solution for:

If I have a quicktime file containing multiple shots, can I color correct the shots individually within After Effects, or would I have to bring the QT into Final Cut, manually slice and dice, and then do my color finishing?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Shane Ross
January 27th, 2007, 11:11 PM
You'll need AUTOMATIC DUCK PRO EXPORT to After Effects to get the clips individually.

www.automaticduck.com

Chris Marty
January 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, Shane.

I'm familiar with Automatic Duck, actually; my question may not have been very clear. I was wondering if there was a way to effect only a small part of a longer clip within After Effects for color correction purposes, and to do it more than once on the same clip.

Thanks again,

Chris

Shane Ross
January 28th, 2007, 02:24 PM
A small part...you mean like just 5 seconds of a 15 second clip? Yes...keyframe.

Andy Mees
January 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
and if you do find yourself in FCP then you don't need to slice and dice to apply the corrections, you can use the "Range Selection Tool"
... just triple pres the g key (ggg) to select the tool, and then click and drag the area to select, within the clip in the timeline, and then drop on the correction filter. it will apply to the clip but only within that selected range. cool.

Cole McDonald
January 28th, 2007, 10:58 PM
can you do multiples selections and corrections using this technique? Hot Tip either way! Once they've been dropped in, how does it notify you that there is a filter there...i.e. If it needs to be changed later on?