View Full Version : 2/3" XDCAM HD Camera?

David C Wright
January 29th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Is there any word on a 2/3" XDCam HD camera release date? The 350 is great but I would love to use existing camera accessories, lens etc that I already own.

David Wright
www.lunaseafilms.com

Ryan Hollings
January 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Is there any word on a 2/3" XDCam HD camera release date? The 350 is great but I would love to use existing camera accessories, lens etc that I already own.

David Wright
www.lunaseafilms.com

I've heard from my Sony rep here its still about a yr or so away,, and he said expect a price close to the sony 900.

Alister Chapman
January 30th, 2007, 02:35 AM
My guess is we'll see one soon, maybe this year. I don't know and have no inside information other than Sony are working on it. My guess is it will cost around twice as much as the current cameras. Also your going to need 2/3" HD lenses which are also much more expensive. I would expect picture quality comparable to 750 HDCAM, so not really that much better than the current 1/2" XDCAM's.

Dave Ambrose
February 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
The new 2/3" xdcam will be introduced at NAB this spring and it will be 50mbs VBR, 4:2:2

Jaron Berman
February 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM
That is good news! I've always thought the 1/2" XD stuff looked pretty good, now I can't imagine the same codec with 1.5 times the bitrate, less noise, more dynamic range AND less to compress due to the larger chip and consequent shallower D.O.F. Oh, and more lens choices!

Hornady Setiawan
February 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM
will it be CMOS or CCD?
what i've seen from V1's CMOS has way more lattitude than Z1's CCD...

What will it be called? F600? or...
:)