View Full Version : Server sluggish?

Ervin Farkas
February 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I am having speed issues with this website lately... very slow load times. I checked from several computers, several locations. I checked other websites at the same time, all else loads fast. Anything going on with the server, or maybe just temporary overload?

Thanks,

Dan Keaton
February 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I had the same problem.

It is better now. (3:27 pm Tuesday, February 6, 2007).

Mike Teutsch
February 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Probably just the number of people on board at any given time and what they are doing. I been experiancing the same problem at times. 480 people on the line right now.

Just one issue with growing so fast. I'm sure it will improve.

Mike

Chris Hurd
February 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah, we'll have to drive this puppy into the shop and get the oil changed. There will be a small amount of downtime while the pit stop takes place; most likely it'll be a weekend night during the wee hours (in the western hemisphere). I'll give you some notice before it happens though. Meanwhile, please bear with the various creaks and groans. Thanks,

Mike Teutsch
February 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Chris,

Have you been listening in on my old body as it moves?? :)

The site is great and with your new handle, Obstreperous, I know you can take care of anything.

Mike

Ervin Farkas
February 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I thought I was coming to this website to learn about video... boy, was I wrong! Obstreperous? I admit (come on, you can too) I had to Google it...

Anyway Chris, the dictionary says "noisily and stubbornly defiant" and also "boisterously and noisily aggressive"... none of which seems to apply to you. I brought up the problem and here we are only two hours later your are already aggressively promising to solve it...

Thanks man!

Chris Hurd
February 6th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Oh, I don't know about that, I can think of several individuals who would insist that the "obstreperous" description does apply to me, along with a few other choice adjectives, but... none of them are posting here anymore. Heh.

Mike Horrigan
February 6th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Oh, I don't know about that, I can think of several individuals who would insist that the "obstreperous" description does apply to me, along with a few other choice adjectives, but... none of them are posting here anymore. Heh.
LOL! :)

BTW, Chris, if you get a chance could you please look at the email I sent you.
(As if you don't have enough to do...)

Thanks,

Mike

Ervin Farkas
February 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I guess it's "full house" being Sunday night (around 6.30 on the Eastern Coast) having around 350 visitors on the site... it's barely moving for me. I am waiting 10-30 seconds between clicks...

Chris Hurd
February 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Sorry about that and please bear with it Ervin -- look for an announcement soon.

Marc Colemont
February 12th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I was about to start also a post about the slow loading of the forum. I don't know if it's related to Europe, or from anywere in the world. The last week it's very slow at certain moments. Just to let you know.

Boyd Ostroff
February 12th, 2007, 09:02 AM
We're all noticing a slowdown Marc - I think we're a victim of our own popularity :-)

Ervin Farkas
February 13th, 2007, 08:24 AM
This is not a complaint Chris!

We all enjoy this great free service, with no intrusive flashing banner ads like other forums do, it's truly a blessing for the video professionals and enthousiasts.

The only reason I am giving you this feedback is just that: feedback. I know as a web designer that it is vital to have this sort of feedback in order to adjust your techniques.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your announcement,