View Full Version : Power Switch error! Critical, Please help!

Jean Rivera
March 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
The main switch on my GL2 is not working correctly.

Sometimes when recording the camera suddenly shuts down and restart in VCR mode even switched on camera. Sometimes never gets on camera and the led will turn green everytime, no matter which mode I select.

I sent once to warranty they cleaned and replaced the tape assembly. But what could be causing this problem.

I use the camera daily in news gathering, so far the camera has been my mate in good and bad conditions.

Any suggestion is well appreciated.

Thank you.

Jean

Don Palomaki
March 31st, 2007, 05:50 AM
Sounds like the conenctor to the power switch might be loose or disconencted. May need a trip to a Canon service center.

Jean Rivera
March 31st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds like the conenctor to the power switch might be loose or disconencted. May need a trip to a Canon service center.

I thought it so. The thing is that it has already been there for same thing. That makes me a little mad about.

Michael Pulcinella
April 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
I had the same probem. Try pushing the switch back and forth from camera mode all the way to VCR mode 15-20 times without the battery or power cord connected. This solved the problem temporarily for me. Whenever it starts acting up I do that and it clears up for a while.

Don Palomaki
April 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Michael: That sounds like some corrosion (or perhaps excessive wear) on the switch.

Michael Pulcinella
April 3rd, 2007, 06:54 AM
Michael: That sounds like some corrosion (or perhaps excessive wear) on the switch.

Could be. All I know is...it works!

Jean Rivera
April 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Could be. All I know is...it works!

I just hand it to admin dept. so they can send it to Canon. This cams are used daily on news gathering network... so imagine how tough days they have.

I'm working with a spare JVC GY-DV300 which I hate to death.

Thanx for the tip! I'll keep in mind if happens again!