View Full Version : Anyone know if Mac has a software that does this?

Joe Calalang
April 2nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_MlNMewRg&mode=related&search=

The opening scene where the pics can be maniputed like that and have it;s own shadows. Thanks.

Andy Mees
April 2nd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Not easily, at least not natively ... but try the freebie pack of FxPlug plugins made by the talented Mr Peter Wiggins of idustrial Revolution.

The MultiSpace pugin is idealy suited to what you are trying to achieve.
http://www.noiseindustries.com/mailings/014/index.html

Alternatively, if you want to try a harder route you can use my own free "Better 3D" fxscript plugin from http://homepage.mac.com/andymees

Cole McDonald
April 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Looks like an apple core image effect from the newest version of iMovie. I could be wrong, but it looks just like apple's webcasts of the keynotes with Steve Jobs.

http://www.apple.com/imovie

Victor Kellar
April 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
My first guess is that this was done with something like Motion or even After Effects. There are probably third party plug ins that can do it

You could probably get pretty close to this using FC. Pretty easy to stack the clips, Scale them in the Motion tab and move them around with the Motion Keyframes. You can put shadows on each clip from the Motion tab

As for the reflection, there is a free plug in that may work. Google the name Piero, he is the gentlemen that created the plug in, that should take you to his FX Script web site. Certainly other third party plug ins can do it

I've done very similar things in terms of the motion, even the overlapping motion, in FC without third party software

Chris Harris
April 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
That's an iMovie HD theme template. Very easy to drag and drop your video clips right into the "drop zone" and make the sequence that you see.

Victor Kellar
April 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
iMovie or iDVD? Just curious

Chris Harris
April 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
iMovie. Maybe it's on iDVD as well, I haven't messed with it, but it's definitely in iMovie.

Robert Lane
April 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
That's a built-in theme in iMovie HD; it's called: Reflection - White.

In theory you could build that segment in iMovie and export it as a standalone QT and then import that into FCP - assuming the iMovie clip is in the same format/codec you want in FCP. FYI: iMovie has HDV 720p or 1080i but no built-in codec for DVCPRO, XDCAM/IMX or the other "pro" codecs.

Victor Kellar
April 3rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Are you sure its not an iDVD theme? I mean, does iMovie even have themes like that? I think it must be in iDVD 6 ... or things are really different in iMovie 6 as well

Chris Harris
April 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
It's definitely an iMovie theme. iMovie has themes for intros, transitions, and the like. I checked in iDVD, and there's a similar theme in there as well, if you wanted to make the entire production have the same theme, but the particular theme we saw on Youtube was an iMovie theme.

Victor Kellar
April 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
OK, cool, thanks .. maybe one day I should actually open that program, lol

Robert Lane
April 4th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Are you sure its not an iDVD theme? I mean, does iMovie even have themes like that? I think it must be in iDVD 6 ... or things are really different in iMovie 6 as well

Victor, if you really want to make the most of this forum then you should pay attention to how it works. You could have just as easily verified the information yourself - as you mentioned in your post saying "...maybe one day I should actually open that program...", rather than post a lazy "are you sure?" reply. The information given was very clear, even naming the exact theme in question.

This forum exists because Chris Hurd decided to create a place for those who are serious about learning more about the DV industry could come to get help from seaoned pros and those who have expertise in various feilds. This isn't like some other forums and as such lazy posts are not well tolerated.

In the future, if you have the hardware/software in question on-hand then you should be doing your own basic research and testing, not using the resources of this forum to post lazy questions that you can easily answer yourself. If you get stuck on something or get confused - as many of us do when learning something new - then post a valid question. Those of us who have the answers and the time to respond will gladly assist.

Jonathan Jones
April 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Yes, themes were introduced in the '06 version of iLife, partially suggested as a means to dress up intros or even chapter sequences in a timeline structure. To a degree, they somewhat correspond quite well with many of the theme options in iDVD 6 to help make a well integrated thematic package easily right out the door for a very polished final product even in the hands of dv newbs.

I still have the '05 version so I haven't really played around with the feature beyond checking out the display computers at the Apple Store, but then I don't use iMove much anymore so I've fallen behind on the new bells and whistles that continue to be added to enhance a great little app.

-Jon

Victor Kellar
April 4th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Victor, if you really want to make the most of this forum then you should pay attention to how it works. You could have just as easily verified the information yourself - as you mentioned in your post saying "...maybe one day I should actually open that program...", rather than post a lazy "are you sure?" reply. The information given was very clear, even naming the exact theme in question.

This forum exists because Chris Hurd decided to create a place for those who are serious about learning more about the DV industry could come to get help from seaoned pros and those who have expertise in various feilds. This isn't like some other forums and as such lazy posts are not well tolerated.

In the future, if you have the hardware/software in question on-hand then you should be doing your own basic research and testing, not using the resources of this forum to post lazy questions that you can easily answer yourself. If you get stuck on something or get confused - as many of us do when learning something new - then post a valid question. Those of us who have the answers and the time to respond will gladly assist.

Well, I don't have iLife 6, I have V 5, so no, I couldn't verify it myself. And I was only quesitioning because it is always good in any forum to make sure you are understanding the info stated correctly. I found the info informative and thanked the poster for his time.

Sorry, if that was stepping on toes or something. I will be more scrupulous in the future

Paulo Teixeira
April 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
-EDIT-

Sorry,
Wrong thread.