View Full Version : HV10 Capture issue with FCP

Jae Staats
April 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
I know this has been addressed before and I searched the forums but didn't find an answer to my particular issue.

I am simply trying to capture HDV footage from my HV10 into the latest version of FCP. When I first got my HV10 it worked, but since then I have not been able to get the computer to recognize the firewire/device/camera.

I have tried every setting possible and the easy setup too. I also saw on the web to try and unplug the camera from the wall and then lug it back in but to no avail. QT Pro does recognize the camera and will capture into a movie recordning but this is SD DV so not a big help.

Anyone else with this problem or does anyone have any solutions? I have the G5 Intel dual 2ghz...

Elmer Lang
April 3rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
It probably depends on your capture settings. I had problems at first until advised to change my Device Control Preset to HDV Firewire Basic (I assume your Capture Preset is HDV). Since then, no problem.

best,
elmer

Jae Staats
April 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Elmer,

Thanks for the tip, I actually tried that but to no avail. This is very strange to say the least. It did work before but that was awhile back on an older G5 so I am not sure what the problem is? When I capture from dv no problems at all.

????

Elmer Lang
April 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Not knowing anything about your setup, I'll suggest things you might already have done, you don't need to answer, these are just a checkoff list.

If you can capture DV fine, are you sure your camera is set up properly to capture HDV? As in, do you have the camera in HDV/DV mode or DV Lock mode (I think it's called)? Are you sure the footage you're trying to capture is HDV?

In FCP, your setup is all HDV?

I tend to think the problem is in your camera setup, I'd refer to the manual to make sure you're squared up for capturing.

good luck,
elmer

Ian Albinson
April 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
I think Elmer's on to something with the DV Locked Mode in the camera menus. I just tried to capture HDV material with the camera in DV Locked and it gave me the error you posted in your first message.

Unplug your firewire cable.
Menu>Play/Out Setup>DV Output> and change DV Locked to HDV/DV.
Plug in your firewire cable.
Select the 1080i/60 setup in FCP.

You should be golden.

Jae Staats
April 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Ian, you are a GENIUS! Thanks so much, can't tell you what a relief this is to get it to work...Love dvinfo.net!

Corey Fisher
April 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
How many people opened Jae's attachment and then tried to click the OK button? I swear I get dumber by the hour.

-corey

Jae Staats
April 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Corey,

Don't feel bad, I did that when I pulled it off my screen...how dumb was that:)

Jae