View Full Version : Manual focus on GL-1

Simon Jones
April 6th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Hey, kinda sound like an idiot here, but oh well... Can someone please let me know how to turn on manuel focus on a GL-1. (I dont have a manuel for it)

I'm hitting the focus A/M button, and when I turn the focus ring it will go blury, but automatically go back to being focused...Any way to turn this off? (Or am I severely doing something wrong here lol)

Mark Holland
April 6th, 2007, 12:11 PM
When you hit the A/M button, there should be an indication in the viewfinder or on the LCD that you are in manual focus. I think it's an M on the left side, middle of the way down.

Oh, I know what else...I never use it, but I think if you're in the Full Auto, "Green Square" mode, you get to manually control NOTHING! You can push the button all day long but you'll stay in Auto Focus until you get out of the "Green Square" mode.

At least I think that's right...

BTW, the manual is available as a download at the Canon site.

Don Palomaki
April 6th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Mark has probably hit it on the head. In the "Green Box" mode it is fully automatic everything. If you want partial automatic, try the "A box" mode. Details as to what works in each mode is in the manual, available for download if you do not have one, at canondv.com

Simon Jones
April 6th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Fixed!

Thank you both!

Simon