View Full Version : New BluRay Player installed in the 2nd Unit Motor Coach for NAB Party/Contest

Jonathan Ames
April 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
For those of you shooting BluRay in the F350, bring them along to the coach party as we're installing a BluRay deck this weekend to accommodate the 1080p format in all its wonderous glory. That will complete the coach upgrade to all HD from satellite dish to DirecTV HD converter to BluRay player. DVDs are OK as well and we're looking forward to seeing you there.

Joe Bowey
April 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM
We'll I just finished my demo dvds. Just standard def thou. I have a great video on planes youll love. 2min long. I hope I win ?.
Anyways just excited to get to vegas and bring you a "Treasure chest" that captain jack left me.

Chris Forbes
April 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Jonathan,

Are you guys going to have one of the next generation XDCAM's with the larger chips and lower compression rate (higher bit rate) at the party. I'd love to see it in "real world" action.

Jonathan Ames
April 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Everything new will be at the Sony booth and that's as it should be...unfortunately for us. We'd love to be headed to Vegas this Saturday with the new stuff on board but alas we are well-down the totem pole. I do think you'll be more than impressed with what you'll see. I wish I could tell you about it but Sony trusted me enough to show me what's on the way and I respect their trust not to reveal their work. Just believe me when I say that it's truly remarkable what you'll be able to do after NAB. And no, none of it's vaporware or "under glass" cardboard box cutouts. It's real and it's current and it woks.