View Full Version : Canon GL2E?

Stewart McDonald
April 29th, 2003, 11:39 AM
I assume that this is the PAL version of the GL2 made in the US. I live in the UK, so would it still work over here, or would there be a different power supply? Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Jeff Donald
April 29th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I believe the XM2 is the PAL version. Do a search here using the button in the upper right and you'll find many references and comments on the XM2.

Stewart McDonald
April 29th, 2003, 11:52 AM
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/product/264368/CAGL2E/REG/1919

How come that is called a GL-2E?

Graham Bernard
April 29th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Be careful! - I've got the XM2 - that's for PAL bought in the UK - yeah? Maybe and this is a strong maybe - other PAL-lands, ie Oz, etc may have a different PAL for Oz - yeah?

There maybe yet others for Europe - I don't know and couldn't advise you - other than be careful! The GL-2E maybe one of the flavours outside of the US - But which flavour and what country I don't know. Maybe one of the far east countries sport the PAL system.

mmmmm . .. . grazie

Chris Hurd
April 29th, 2003, 12:16 PM
It would appear that this "GL2E" is indeed a PAL version but with a US power supply. Going to have to find out more about it.

Jeff Donald
April 29th, 2003, 12:33 PM
If you read the first line of the site when the page opens it is referred to as GL2E "PAL" XM2. I think it is just marketing on B & H's part. Many Americans wouldn't know that the PAL version is a different model number. I think they are using it to establish a link between the two and minimize confusion. Below the title you'll see MFG. # - XM2.

Chris Hurd
April 29th, 2003, 12:41 PM
I would agree with Jeff that the model number "GL2E" is an invention of B&H, and not Canon. Although I am still curious about the power supply.

Jeff Donald
April 29th, 2003, 01:19 PM
I wonder if they are just swapping the power supplies out themselves?

Brendan Getchel
April 29th, 2003, 01:32 PM
The "E" is for "Euro" or "Europe."

Yes, it is a Euro PAL version of the GL2 -- or XM2 if you must.