View Full Version : How can I record my sequence onto DV with sequence timecode?

Marguerite Arnold
April 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I have tried print to video, but it doesn't get timecode or audio. Playing out to my camera, a Canon XL1, or something like that. Shouldn't timecode audio and video travel together along the firewire cable?

Your thoughts would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Edward Carlson
April 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
How are you playing it on the camera? If you use Print to Video, there is an "Automatically Start Recording" checkbox that will make the camera start recording when you want to print the video to your tape. As for the audio, go to the view menu, go down to Audio playback, and check Audio Follows Video. Also check that the video is being played back to DV NTSC or PAL (depending on the country).

Shane Ross
April 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Not via firewire...this isn't possible. Unless you have a DSR-11, then I have a little drive. If not, then you need a deck that can manually set the timecode to what you need. You will also need to black and code a tape with this code...for a minute or two. This deck will also need to be RS-422 controllable, and you might need a capture card.

Getting TC out to a DV deck or ANY DV device via firewire is near impossible. I do have a trick, but it only works for the DSR-11.