View Full Version : Edius 4.24 is now available

Mike Downey
April 11th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Go to http://www.canopus.com/support/supportcenter.php Sign in and get the DL from the Edoius pro 4 section.

Here is a short list of some of the fixes...

Fixed crash issues when using the color selection palette.
Fixed issues when consolidating projects.
Fixed crash issues when changing settings with Xplode transitions.
Fixed color table errors when saving still images in HD resolution.
Fixed issue when setting values (the keyboard arrow keys did not work).
Fixed issue with voice over recording (could not control volume) when the audio device did not support mux input.
Fixed issue with timeline playback (could not adjust volume rubber band during playback).
Fixed issue with audio mixer (sometimes crashed when adjusting volume rubber band in learning mode).
Fixed memory usage issue with white balance filter.
Fixed issue with MPEG capture (sometimes crashed at startup).
Fixed issue with video filter (when combination filters were used, EDIUS crashed when tried to change project settings).
Fixed issue with proxy clips (sometimes crashed when time remap was applied).
Fixed crash issue when context menu of time scale control was opened.
Fixed issue with trim mode (timecode did not show properly).
Fixed issue with saving project when a sequence clip is in the player.
Fixed issue with crashes when consolidating a project.
Fixed issue when consolidating, some unnecessary files were also copied.

This is not the whole list but it is a start :)

Mike

Paul Wags
April 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Sounds good Mike..

I'll go and grab it, have a few projects to consolidate...see how it goes.

Kevin Shaw
April 12th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks Mike. Do you happen to know whether the trial version of Edius will also be updated?

Mike Downey
April 12th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks Mike. Do you happen to know whether the trial version of Edius will also be updated?

I am not sure... I will have to ask :)

Mike

Paul Wags
April 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Mike
Tried to install update but got this error.
Any ideas?

Randy Donato
April 14th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Mine installed fine and I know that doesn't do you any good...try and run the installer again. Before you do that clean out your temp files.Docs & settings>your user>local settings> temps

Mike Downey
April 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Mike
Tried to install update but got this error.
Any ideas?

Restart your computer and then try again. Could be that the testy XDCam select is hanging on. :)

Mike

Mike Downey
April 14th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Mine installed fine and I know that doesn't do you any good...try and run the installer again. Before you do that clean out your temp files.Docs & settings>your user>local settings> temps

Hey Randy!! Great to see ya! :)

Randy Donato
April 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Mike do you have a new cell...call me.

Tim Polster
April 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to let everybody know that after installing this update my audio mixer is not acting very well.

When I am playing the timeline, if I move a track slider up or down, the signal completely over-modulates.

I mean fear of blowing the speaker cone over-modulates.

Quite unacceptable, but seemingly par for the course with Canopus/Grass Valley updates recently.

Mike Downey
April 14th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Just wanted to let everybody know that after installing this update my audio mixer is not acting very well.

When I am playing the timeline, if I move a track slider up or down, the signal completely over-modulates.

I mean fear of blowing the speaker cone over-modulates.

Quite unacceptable, but seemingly par for the course with Canopus/Grass Valley updates recently.

This is a known issue and being worked on. Just so you know, it doesn't happen on all computers and they are scrambling to find out what is happening.

For everyone else... this happens on some computers when you are riding the audio with the audio Mixer. It doesn't happen when you adjust Audio with the nodes :)

Mike

Tim Polster
April 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
This is a known issue and being worked on.

Thanks for your reply Mike.

You are always trying to make things work and have a positive attitude.

I don't know what to think about Canopus/Grass Valley anymore.

This "known" mixer bug could have literally damaged my speakers.

The fact that that they leave this "update" out for people to download is very irresponsible.

Mike Downey
April 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I have tried This on three different computers and the problem is not there. We know it is happening but we are trying to figure out why it is happening when it does.

Mike

Tim Polster
April 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM
If it helps my specs are:

Athlon 4200
Gigabyte Motherboard
M-Audio Firewire 410 sound card

This has never happened in my system from Edius 2.0

Paul Wags
April 15th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Okay did that and got this error.
Strange..........

Paul Wags
April 15th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Got it.
I must off deleted some files in the windows directory somewhere when I did the last mirror image backup of my complete C: drive to get the mirror image file as small as possible. Windows dumps files all over the place when you install software etc.

I reinstalled Edius from the disk over the top and the new update installed no problems.

I remember I had the same problem with Dreamweaver once thinking about it now.

OKAY lets see how it goes consolidating.

Mike Downey
April 15th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you for the specs... I will send them on :)

Tim Polster
April 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
BTW, I am also using a DVStorm2

Marc Barillere
April 18th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Another thing on 4.24 :
to Put a marker : V - it's OK
But to delete the marker : V again is not possible.
I do delete by right-clic menu (too long)
Besides, the option "delete all markers" don't works.

Marc

Mike Downey
April 18th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Also sent along! :)

Thank you for letting me know!

Mike

Marc Barillere
April 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM
During the correction of this point ... the arrival of the awaited clip marker will be appreciate.
For the 4.5 version ?

Marc

Mike Downey
April 19th, 2007, 03:35 AM
It has been asked for but no word whether it is going to be in 4.5.

Mike

Marc Barillere
April 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM
We hope for an happy surprise ...

Marc

Mark Morreau
April 19th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Indeed. I have been asking for clip markers since version 1. So invaluable for Multicam work. I'll believe it when I see it.

Marc Barillere
April 19th, 2007, 01:42 PM
And if is not too much to require : TL numbered markers :)

Marc

Mark Morreau
April 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
You'll be wanting keyframes for all the effects next.

And full Alpha channel support too, I suppose? ;)

Tim Polster
April 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Another thing, since the Canous forums are down, this is the only game in town.

When I add a quick title, the title is made to the length of the in and out, not to the 5 seconds that is listed in the settings menu.

Mike Downey
April 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
This is a feature that I use all of the time. The ability to designate where the title is going to go and how long it is going to be is not a bug.

Mike

Mark Morreau
April 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Is there a way, Mike. to have the choice of inserting a title with the default duration (Tim's preference) rather than between the in and out points (your preference?).

If you're laying down lots of titles - like, for example, a simple credit sequence - then Tim's default duration method is going to be a lot quicker and easier than having to set in and out points for each one.

Mike Downey
April 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Select the X Key and the in and outs disappear

Mike

Tim Polster
April 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Mike, Edius is a love/hate situation for me.

The program has progessed but certain things still make my editing difficult.

Titles have always been a sore spot for me as I refuse to use Titlemotion Pro, so I appologize for my tone.

I just have never associated titles with the in and out markers, and probable never will.

I set those markers for the project length and try not to move them very often.

Between the CTI jumping all over the place in Multicam, the source video/audio tracks becoming Unmuted when the mixer is open and CTRL-Z is pressed, and the Audio distortion when moving a slider, Edius still seems like a work in progess.

Rant over

Mark Slade
April 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
well....different. I have Edius on 2 machine here. 1 is an HP 8200 ......the other a homebuilt rig that I built for Prem Pro a year or so ago. The home built one worked fine with Prem Pro and Avid Xpress....but Edius is another matter. All kinds of strange quirks. Nothing too serious....but on the HP...no problems.
I think that folks need to remember....not all software works "perfectly" on all machines. Many times a combination of things in a particular machine contributes to a program not working. Developers have to re-create the machine sometimes to order to create the "bug" so they can fix it. Not an easy task given the combinations of different parts one can have in a machine.

Mark

Mike Downey
April 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Mike, Edius is a love/hate situation for me.

The program has progessed but certain things still make my editing difficult.

Titles have always been a sore spot for me as I refuse to use Titlemotion Pro, so I appologize for my tone.

I just have never associated titles with the in and out markers, and probable never will.

I set those markers for the project length and try not to move them very often.

Between the CTI jumping all over the place in Multicam, the source video/audio tracks becoming Unmuted when the mixer is open and CTRL-Z is pressed, and the Audio distortion when moving a slider, Edius still seems like a work in progess.

Rant over

No worries... I understand your feelings.

Could you please E-Mail me with all of those things driving you crazy so I can look at them one at a time?

Also... I am not understanding why you are setting the in and outs over the project (Sorry, I am dense sometimes!).

Mike

Tim Polster
April 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hey Mike,

The in and out buttons I am speaking of are used to set the length of the project when one encodes to .m2v or out to wave.

I don't like to move them unless I have to as to retain the exact project size in case I have to re-encode and re-insert in Adobe Encore.

This is why I reacted in a negative way when I was ending up with two hour titles added to the timeline!

Mike Downey
April 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM
Just so you know you don't have to have those in and out points over the entire project.

You can just uncheck the option Between in and out when you open the Print to file dialogue.

I do understand your frustration though,

Listen, I am trying to get don into the DFW area to see my folks. Are you a part of the Videographers Association there?

Would you be interested in a one on one session if I can get down there?

Mike

Tim Polster
April 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Mike,

Sure I would be interested in a session on Edius if you have the time.

Thank you for your offer.

I am not part of any video organization, but probably should be.

I will e-mail you my details.

Also, when I mean in and out over the entire project, I mean the amount I want exported from the timeline, the amount that will be on my dvd ect..., not the entire timeline.

Mike Downey
April 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Mike,
Also, when I mean in and out over the entire project, I mean the amount I want exported from the timeline, the amount that will be on my dvd ect..., not the entire timeline.

Ok... I got it now! It just takes me a while :)

Shawn Alyasiri
April 21st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Mike,

I tried to catch you a couple of times at NAB, but you were always doing demos or talking with folks.

There's also been an issue with Focus FS4 (HDV upgrade) files that others have noticed (I've noticed the issue since getting the HDV upgrade in '05).

Associated link: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=664726#post664726

I spoke with Keneally about it at the show, and he was under the impression that it was corrected in 4.24. I'm still seeing issues after the update, even with fresh .m2t files from the FS4 HDV units (Z1 & H1 cameras).

Would love to hear back from you guys if things ever resolve.

Thanks much.

Mike Downey
April 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Shawn... the thread you gave me makes me think there is a problem with the firestore system.

The last posts in there are showing problems in all of the NLE's.

I will ask about this thoughand try my best to keep you informed.

Mike