View Full Version : Frame buffer ?

Gary J. Walker
May 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I have a great new system built by GuyGraphics in Utah, Question, I have my buffer set at the highest setting (96) works fine, but noticed that when either the audio mixer, or multi-cam are opened the buffer only ramps up to 5, out of 96 is that normal. (ps the only problem I have noticed is when your done video editing and want to add another audio track and want the mixer opened, even a simple 1 sec. disolve will need rendering)...Gary

John Richard
May 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This has to do with being able to ride the mixer to make level adjustments in real time as you are listening to your track. The mixer environment has to be close to real time for your input to accurately record your level changes.

Gary J. Walker
May 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks neighbor, Can you check when multi cam, is activated my buffer hovers at about 4-5.. is that also normal Gary..

John Richard
May 9th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Sorry Gary, we're still at 3.62 and thus no multi-cam to test with for you.
The GV forums are back up and you may get an answer there.

Gary J. Walker
May 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
didn't know that, I'll check, thanks for the help. Gary

Mike Downey
May 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks neighbor, Can you check when multi cam, is activated my buffer hovers at about 4-5.. is that also normal Gary..

Yes it is. When you are using multicam you are setting markers on the frames where you want to change the camera.

In the settings you will find that you can skip up to 5 frames while in multicam mode meaning that it only plays one out of five frames for each of the cameras.

This helps to keep playback smooth on HD.

Mike