View Full Version : Macpro P2 Reader?

Ariel Ferrer
June 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hi I need a P2 card reader for the Macpro!! I don't have the option to use the camara because it will be in production most of the time, and we need to import footage from the cards to the Macpro quikly!! Where I can find a P2 (PCMCIA) reader? USB? Firewire? Any Suggestions!! Thanks!!

Robert Lane
June 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Check out the PCD20, "P2 Drive" from Panasonic; it has (5) P2-card slots and connects via Firewire 800. I'm sure your local Panny dealer has one.

Ariel Ferrer
June 28th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the reply!! But I was looking for a more affordable solution!!! In Windows there are a few options even a PCI card with a drive bay to use it in a CD Slot!! Does someone know of any solution like this one: http://www.amtron.com/reader/pcdtp110cs.htm Thanks!!!

Check out the PCD20, "P2 Drive" from Panasonic; it has (5) P2-card slots and connects via Firewire 800. I'm sure your local Panny dealer has one.

Dick Campbell
June 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
get a cheap G4 laptop with a PCMCIA card slot and dump to an external FW/USB HDD, then swap the HDD over to the MacPro.

Matt Gottshalk
June 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
get a cheap G4 laptop with a PCMCIA card slot and dump to an external FW/USB HDD, then swap the HDD over to the MacPro.

Yup. Thats what I do.