View Full Version : Help with formats in FCP

Justin Morgan
June 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hello all,

I'm currently producing a video for a client and have completed the editing and post production process. I have the final movie in Final Cut Pro and it is in standard UK video format - 720 x 756 (PAL).

However, I have just been notified that the video needs to be supplied in a format of 640x 416! (Plus, I've looked in most of the export options and I don't see that format in there anywhere - is this a really unusually and unconventional size that's being asked for?)

What is an easy way of doing this in Final Cut Pro 4?

I would rather not just have the footage automatically cropped to that shape when it is output as I'd like to control the bits that are cropped off from each shot individually and be able to see what I'm doing and then output once I am happy with the new cropping. By that I mean - is there a way of setting up the canvas to that format so that I can then work with it in FCP?

Can anybody help with this?

Justin Morgan
July 2nd, 2007, 06:47 AM
Doesn't anyone have anything they can offer on this? Please - any information will be extremely helpful for me. I would have thought it would be something fairly straightforward...