View Full Version : Greg B--heard of this guitar picker?

Lorinda Norton
June 29th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Hey Greg, have you seen this guy play? http://www.doyledykes.com/ He can finger pick like nobody’s business.

A couple weeks ago he played for about 140 guitar players out here. I got to tape it, but because he’s got a contract with Taylor Guitars we can only show it in the store. Doesn’t matter, I suppose, because the boys would only give me a tape out and it was too much for my camera. And they call themselves audio guys…

While I watched him through my viewfinder I kept thinking, “He reminds me a lot of Greg.” Maybe you two are related—after all, musical talent tends to run in families. You got any kin in Tennessee? ;)

Greg Boston
June 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Hadn't heard of this fellow. As to the similarity....jeepers, a couple of those pics in the gallery were like looking in the mirror. ;-)

-gb-

Lorinda Norton
June 30th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Heh heh…He’s also a gentleman and all-around nice guy—how’s that for a similarity. :)

I think he goes to Texas fairly often; next time he’s in your neck of the woods I hope you’ll check out his show. Don’t know what you play but he’s not hard-sell on Taylors—just likes to entertain and chat with fellow guitarists. I had a great time, and I don’t even play!

Chris Hurd
June 30th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Wow, he's the spittin' image of Greg B.

Proof that while every person is unique, there are only so many molds.

I've lost track of all the times somebody has said to me "you look just like so-n-so..."

Lorinda Norton
June 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM
"So-n-so" -- one of them's gotta be Matt Damon!

Greg Boston
June 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I've lost track of all the times somebody has said to me "you look just like so-n-so..."

Are you sure they weren't saying, "you act just like a so-n-so"?

Hehe, just kidding of course.

@ Lorinda, I'll try to check him out next time he's here.

-gb-

Chris Hurd
June 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM
"So-n-so" -- one of them's gotta be Matt Damon!Yeah, I figured I had that coming.

Are you sure they weren't saying, "you act just like a so-n-so"?It's never anything specific... just "a" jerk or "an" idiot. Quantified but not qualified.

Lorinda Norton
November 21st, 2007, 12:46 AM
"So-n-so" -- one of them's gotta be Matt Damon!
Yeah, I figured I had that coming.

Hey Chris,

I suppose it can be a burden at times like this being told you look like this guy. (http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20154290_20159879,00.html)
;)

Nate Weaver
November 21st, 2007, 01:09 AM
If Greg and that guy got in the same room, I think space would collapse upon itself and we'd all be screwed.

I don't recommend they get together.

Chris Hurd
November 21st, 2007, 01:15 AM
I suppose it can be a burden at times like this being told you look like this guy. (http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20154290_20159879,00.html);)Nonsense... I haven't worn a tie in years!

If Greg and that guy got in the same room, I think space would collapse upon itself and we'd all be screwed.Yeah, that's kinda like matter and anti-matter ain't it.