View Full Version : Digital Grain

Bryan Ortiz
July 10th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Hello fellow DV's,

I am currently in post production for my first feature film and shot the entire movie with a Panasonic dvx100a. I know the limitations of the camera when it comes to low light and the digital grain that follows with that. My question is does anyone know any tricks to cleaning up this digital grain/noise that I get in dark scenes with FCP or are there any third party software out there that can help with this problem. Thank you for your time.

Harry Bromley-Davenport
July 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Try CHV repair Collection. About $100.

Harry

Bryan Ortiz
July 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Thank you for the reply...

Lennon Aldort
July 10th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hello fellow DV's,

I am currently in post production for my first feature film and shot the entire movie with a Panasonic dvx100a. I know the limitations of the camera when it comes to low light and the digital grain that follows with that. My question is does anyone know any tricks to cleaning up this digital grain/noise that I get in dark scenes with FCP or are there any third party software out there that can help with this problem. Thank you for your time.

Feature film? How long is it gonna be? Will it be available to the public?

Bryan Ortiz
July 11th, 2007, 03:31 AM
The name of the film is "Doctor S Battles the Sex Crazed Reefer Zombies" its a horror, a homage to the greats of the past. The film should be an hour, haven't placed it all together. Where looking to find a distribution deal soon. You can check out the trailer at www.ifilm.com/profile/Man_of_Film

It was shot with the Panasonic DVX100B and a M2 Adapter...

Matt Mullins
July 15th, 2007, 04:34 AM
tighten your trailer up, the text was boring me. Film looks fun though. Just make your cuts faster and add some audio stings to punctuate it a bit more

Bryan Ortiz
July 15th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestions...