Hv30? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old September 16th, 2007, 04:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hv30?

Anyone that knows if there is to be a "HV30" soon?

When was the HV20 presented to the public?
Mats Frendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Frendahl View Post
Anyone that knows if there is to be a "HV30" soon?

When was the HV20 presented to the public?
The HV20 was shipping just in March I believe. I think there is room in the Canon lineup for a higher end camcorder between the HV20 and the A1.
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Agreed. I want one that's MPEG2 based and uses a harddrive (and/or CF cards). I love both my A1 and my HV20, but there is room for something in between.
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #4
Major Player

I'd go for an A1-Lite that records high bitrate MPEG2 to flash cards, that'd be nice. It could use the same sensor as the HV20 with more manual control and perhaps XLR inputs.
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #5
Inner Circle

What would be great? 3CCD or 3CMOS (Preferably in global shutter mode) at native 1920x1080 resolution.

But... no format yet to record 1080p60...
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

All good thougths. It would be very close to the A1 though. Wouldn't that be a problem to be a 1k unit then? They could, like the JVC, move controls to a ring and also adapt to solid state memory. I guess we have to wait some 6-9 months until "HV30".

"The HV20 was shipping just in March I believe"
OK, almost "new", then not much is to happen for 6-9 months I guess. I might pick one up. Prob. the last "tape" I'm going to own. 2nd hand price will be a nightmare prob.
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Major Player

Global shutter, easy manual control of all functions, pulldown flags -- 3 imaging chips would be nice but are unnecessary. Oh, and the same price or cheaper.
Lawrence Bansbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Major Player

Camera just came out guys. Give it a little bit, more likely there will be an update by next Spring. But in the meantime, the camera rocks and it will for quite a long time be the best bang for your buck in HDV 24P acquisition.

Also, I think you guys are asking for too much to keep it at the same price. Some of your suggestions actually PUT it at A1 price levels.
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Felis View Post
Also, I think you guys are asking for too much to keep it at the same price. Some of your suggestions actually PUT it at A1 price levels.
I guess that the lense stands for 2/3 of the price on the A1. This lense will never "fit" on any HV xy. A bit more manual controls could not be such a cost. Well, whatever Canon think out in 9 months or so will prob. be good - I hope.
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Frendahl View Post
I guess that the lense stands for 2/3 of the price on the A1. This lense will never "fit" on any HV xy. A bit more manual controls could not be such a cost. Well, whatever Canon think out in 9 months or so will prob. be good - I hope.
Yes ....let's hope they don't take a step backwards like panasonic did with the gs400 to the gs500 etc. More manual controls would be great.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #11
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Vasher View Post
I'd go for an A1-Lite that records high bitrate MPEG2 to flash cards, that'd be nice. It could use the same sensor as the HV20 with more manual control and perhaps XLR inputs.
I would really like this camera. It does not need to be as small as the HV20 nor as big as the A-1 but with full manual control. Maybe like the porridge for Goldilocks Canon can make it just right!
Pierre DuCharme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #12
Major Player

I'd like to see one like the Sony A1U--an HV20 with XLR's, more robust build quality, etc.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wolla View Post
I'd like to see one like the Sony A1U--an HV20 with XLR's, more robust build quality, etc.
I was wondering when Sony will respond with a native 1080x1920 sensor? I have a A1U but the native on that is 1080X1440. BD would be real nice.
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Felis View Post
. . . the camera . . . will for quite a long time be the best bang for your buck in HDV 24P acquisition.
Jeez, I hope not.

Quote:
Greater manual control and pulldown flags should cost next to nothing to implement. A global shutter may or may not be significantly more expensive. I've seen nothing about what it would cost to produce a global-shutter 1,920 x 1,080 CMOS chip vs a rolling-shutter one.
Lawrence Bansbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #15
Outer Circle

Maybe it will have a 1/2" chip, eh?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51