Is Apple looking to sell FCP? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 6th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #16
Major Player

Maybe Apple, Avid and Adobe are all looking to sell... or perhaps swap... or perhaps (insert random baseless conjecture here)...

;-p
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Trustee

Word(Rumor) on the NAB floor was that Apple was considering buying Avid Which might make sense if you read the Tomshardware article about Apple saving up cash. Part of me was happy because I hate Avid part of me was worried because I hate Avid and was worried that they would mix FCP and media composer into some unholy hybrid of software hell. Personally I dont like FCP but its a hell of alot better than Avid so if our shop will let me dump our Avids for FCP I say FCP all the way!
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Trustee

BTW Apple and FCP didnt revolution the desktop editing, The company that wrote FCP originally was the same company that wrote Adobe Premiere (4.X). then Apple bought it same with Livetype was orignally India Titler and DVDSP was Spruce's Maestro.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Personally I dont like FCP but its a heck of alot better than Avid...
1) I love FCP and I love AVID. I think they're both sweet. And Vegas, and Edius and Premiere... Heck, they are all swell.

2) It's time for a new crazy rumor, this one is getting stale.

My suggestion: RED is going to use Apple stores to retail the Scarlet...

http://provideocoalition.com/index.p..._game_in_2009/
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #20
Wrangler

Fine, how about this, Apple is looking to install FCP in all Red cameras, so all you have to do is plug in a keyboard, mouse, and monitor and you can edit your video on the bus back from Kilamanjaro!
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
BTW Apple and FCP didnt revolution the desktop editing, The company that wrote FCP originally was the same company that wrote Adobe Premiere (4.X). then Apple bought it same with Livetype was orignally India Titler and DVDSP was Spruce's Maestro.
Close

Keygrip which became Final Cut Pro was the product of Premiere creator Randy Ubillos. For some reason Adobe wasn't interested so Macromedia actually had control of the app until Apple purchased it.

The original DVD Studio Pro was from the Astarte purchase but Apple seemingly saw it wouldn't be enough and purchased Spruce.

Fast growth in this industry usually come from acquisitions.
Harrison Murchison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51