DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Greetings Earthlings -- what is Area 51? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/23688-greetings-earthlings-what-area-51-a.html)

Chris Hurd March 29th, 2004 03:15 AM

Greetings Earthlings -- what is Area 51?

The answer to the question, "what is Area 51" is simple. Area 51 is a discussion forum, silly. But you knew that already or you wouldn't be here.

The bigger question is where is Area 51. Well, we're not really sure yet. You might be able to help us figure that out. Some folks say it's in the desert north of Las Vegas. Others say it doesn't exist at all.

At DV Info Net we believe Area 51 is a moving target. It's constantly shifting around, like sand dunes in the summer winds. Wait, there's that desert metaphor again. What's a meta for? That's totally off topic. Extraneous. Possibly irrelevant but maybe not. Confused? Relax, you're in the right place.

Area 51 is where we deposit interesting discussions that may -- or may not -- have basis in fact. In other words, what "lies" within are rumors and speculation.

There's a big difference. A rumor is when I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you've been messin' around. Speculation is when you suppose it could happen that way, supposedly.

In the past we've taken a hard line about what we call "news." Some discussions around here aren't news, especially when there's no valid source indicated to back it up. But they're still interesting. And speculation is interesting too, although it doesn't really help with the main things we specialize in here at DV Info Net, which are matters at hand. So, if a post or a discussion involves rumors and/or speculation, you'll probably find it in the only place it can possibly survive... a hazy locale shadowed by doubt and confusion. A destination shrouded in mystery and intrigue. The shifting patch of lifeless desert at which you've just now arrived. You are now entering Area 51.

Proceed with caution. We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Frank Granovski March 29th, 2004 04:47 AM

I saw a UFO once. Or at least it looked like a UFO. I thought I was seeing things but then the next day, it was on the 6 o'clock news. There was never an explanation of what it was, and the story died quickly. I'm sure Area 51 had something to do with it. :-))

Chris Hurd March 29th, 2004 04:53 AM

Lucky you. All I ever see are black helicopters, a-hooverin' over my dirt farm.

Frank Granovski March 29th, 2004 05:07 AM

That was about 30 years ago, in the outskirts of Winnipeg. It freaked my girlfriend out (she saw it as well), I just wished I had my camera with me---still kicking myself. Since then, I haven't seen any more. Maybe that's a good thing. :-))

Rob Belics March 29th, 2004 06:44 AM

I tawt I taw a puttytat.

Jeff Donald March 29th, 2004 06:53 AM

Frank, how do you think all those prairie potholes got there? You don't really buy that receding glacier BS do you?

Frank Granovski March 29th, 2004 03:25 PM

Could it be that those prairie potholes have something to do with, those flying cow pies from the sky? Receding glaciers? Not here in Canada, not enough BS here for that, nor the hot air. :-))

Keith Loh March 29th, 2004 04:07 PM

Oh yeah, Frank?

PM's plane buzzed by UFO

Frank Granovski March 29th, 2004 07:51 PM

Probably space junk. Funny that it should happen to miss. Or could it be some secret weapon from our western-based right wing party? Or fallout from that pay-off scandal?

Frank Granovski March 29th, 2004 08:17 PM

Wait. I think it's a clear message from the western heavens---foreshadowment regarding the winds of political change.

Robert Knecht Schmidt March 30th, 2004 12:43 AM

Now, now, Frank, don't make this bartender lock the introductory thread.

Frank Granovski March 30th, 2004 02:12 AM

I didn't mention specifics. :-))

Adam C Bowman April 1st, 2004 10:42 AM

Interesting

I was reading Chris's welcoming message at the top of this thread, and I was curious how he can say without a doubt we are entering a place that may or may not exist? Hmmmmm......

Heath McKnight April 1st, 2004 10:51 AM

We're not here, man! It's all a dream! Auntie Em, Auntie Em!!! ;-)

heath

Adam C Bowman April 1st, 2004 10:56 AM

So were all mentally divergent....
sure I can get behind that.

adam