Wanting to know (just curious) -- spooky audio question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old March 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #1
Outer Circle

Wanting to know (just curious)

Is there such a zoom stereo mic that is so sensitive that you can hear dead people talk during playback? I would have posted this on the other forum but I suspected it would have been moved here anyway, or nuked. :-))

I already know which cam can shoot dead people, I just got to know which mic to compliment it .
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:08 PM   #2
Major Player

LOL
Old April 4th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Major Player

??? I thought that's what this "phantom power" stuff you all talk about was supposed to do???
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

real independent
Michael Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Frank,

Such audio is not out of the range of a good condenser microphone, but you will have to purchase a heterodyning oscillator to shift the frequencies to the range of your camcorder, which maxes out at 48000 Hz. I've heard that people are using the new high defininition audio at 192 KHz without the external oscillator for such purposes, which is presumably the reason for the drive for the new 4x sampling frequencies.

Also, shotguns mics have large notches in their frequency response. So, you will have to identify your source and use close-miking, or at least a wireless transmitter. Buy one with a true diversity receiver so that you can record different types of voices.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:11 AM   #6
Outer Circle

Re: "I already know which cam can shoot dead people." Is no one curious about which cam? Okay, since you asked, it's the DVC30. I'm sure of it. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51