Wow! Lots of pixels! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #16
Contributor

> Kodak and other film companies use
> that emotional term frequently.

I guess they refer to this great emotion they feel when somebody actually buys their stock nowadays.
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:24 AM   #17
Major Player

Kodak sold more motion picture film last year than ever before. I believe it was 900 million feet.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #18
Contributor

Sure, but probably just a little more than last year. There is a reason why Perez laid of 60k workers, Kodak is betting on the digital future. Film is a legacy technology. It will still be around for years to come of course and in many ways it has not been surpassed by digital and there will always be some use for it, like vinil versus CD, but digital is where Kodak is spending almost all it's R&D money now.
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #19
Major Player

Kodak, in the past year, has introduced new film stocks (Vision2) for all formats including Super8 which surpass all past filmstocks in quality. Super8 film sales are at an all time high.

I posted a letter here, previously, that I received from a Kodak VP assuring all photographers that Kodak continues to advance the film process.

But an increase in film sales is an increase not a decrease.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:11 AM   #20
Major Player

The only number I could find says 2002 sales (I assume) were 700 million feet compared to 900 million in 2003.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51