Welcome to our H-E-double L, Mac users! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Welcome to our H-E-double L, Mac users!

A day that will live in infamy:

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,63000,00.html

Mac trojan horse. Let the platform war thread start! (just kidding, please don't start a platform war...)
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

<sarcasm>

Yeah!!! Someone besides Apple is writing new software for the Mac!!! Can you say "Market Share"?

</sarcasm>
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This belongs in the rumor forum, man! :)
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #4
Major Player

They've updated the story since I first posted it!

Looks like now it really should be in the Area 51 forum...
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #5
Warden

I've talked to several security experts about this today and this is a non-issue at this time.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #6
Trustee

While I disagree with any anti mac sentiment I feel obligated to give a shout out to a fellow dawg, sic em....
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Nick.. congrats on being one of the lucky artistic locals who broke free of the small-town, cheap-beer chains. You ever run into fellow ex-pat Dick Fausset out in Cali?

Just to clarify -- I'm not anti-Mac, I just wanted to welcome Mac users to the daily hell that is being a Windows user. Just a gift-basket to the new neighbors and all :)

Of course, that was before the story was debunked.

Still, I think it's only time before some eager beaver script kiddie tries to tackle the Mac. Unless... it's Steve Jobs behind all these Windows viruses! Now that's a rumor for Area 51! :)
Old April 11th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Nick-

Yo! Yo! Yo! Waaazzzzuuuuppp!!! Waaazzzzuuupppp!!! Master emcee bling bling ebonics king in da DV-Info hizhouse!!! What it is phiggidy G-dawg. This be H-Dawg just giving a shouthizzle to my homies and sistah's in this fasheezi crib. How it be illin Ya'll! Jus up in herr-a gettin my post on if ya naw what I'm sayin' NAAWWW MEAAANNN? Phiggidy Whiggidy Whack! Ya'll This is where it all be dat. Jus' chillin' playin' on da phat stax full of trax that bumpin n grindin the party til its 2 in tha mornin and it don't stop jumpin up loud in dis party. this be the phat cold dope mad house of noize it be mad crazy up in here. Fashizzle my little fizzle tizzles aint dat Jeffthizzle I be scannin in tha texts phool? Yo I give a shout out to ya'll and I must give mad phiggidy PHAT props to my main bruthah of soul John Britt of da Irish House of Pain Clan jumpin around in this house for steppin it to da man upstate. You aight, Fashizzle. We all be lookin out here for ya while drinkin some Krystal for ya, don't let Colonel Sanders get you down. Aight.
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #9
Outer Circle

Just to stay on topic, my cam was buzzing so I squirted WD-40 at it and it started smoking and made the air all stinky. Then I saw a flying saucer with the apple logo on it. So that's it.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:57 AM   #10
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Ted Springer : Nick-

Yo! Yo! Yo! Waaazzzzuuuuppp!!! Waaazzzzuuupppp!!! Master emcee bling bling ebonics king in da DV-Info hizhouse!!! What it is phiggidy G-dawg. This be H-Dawg just giving a shouthizzle to my homies and sistah's in this fasheezi crib. How it be illin Ya'll! Jus up in herr-a gettin my post on if ya naw what I'm sayin' NAAWWW MEAAANNN? Phiggidy Whiggidy Whack! Ya'll This is where it all be dat. Jus' chillin' playin' on da phat stax full of trax that bumpin n grindin the party til its 2 in tha mornin and it don't stop jumpin up loud in dis party. this be the phat cold dope mad house of noize it be mad crazy up in here. Fashizzle my little fizzle tizzles aint dat Jeffthizzle I be scannin in tha texts phool? Yo I give a shout out to ya'll and I must give mad phiggidy PHAT props to my main bruthah of soul John Britt of da Irish House of Pain Clan jumpin around in this house for steppin it to da man upstate. You aight, Fashizzle. We all be lookin out here for ya while drinkin some Krystal for ya, don't let Colonel Sanders get you down. Aight. -->>>

that's the funnest thing i've read all week.

-Kris

P.S. and ummm Keep it real Hommie!
Kristopher Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #11
Trustee

Ted while that is in fact how I usually converse with my "homiees" in this particular instance I was referring to John's location, Athens GA, which is the home of the University of Georgia (where I went to college) our mascot is the Bulldog, which people call "dawg" spelled that way (perhaps do to years and years of drinking by the alumni) But I appreciate the ebonics "humor" as it reminds me why I left Glendale.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51