dog protection when recording? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 11th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #16
Outer Circle

What I would do is punch it in the nose. That will stop the dog cold. I've only done this once and it worked. Usually, ignoring the dog or yelling at it---showing who's boss---works before it attacks...then punch, if needed.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #17
Wrangler

I usually just put a hole through its cheek with my pen.

Actually, I've never been attacked by a dog, knock on wood.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Here is a non violent alternative and lots of fun to prepare for...
Eat lots of non blanched beans and fried food and raw bean sprouts or what ever gives you bad gas....
then get upwind from the beast and let em rip. They smell even worse to dogs than humans. Just exercise some self control when around others.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I will buy billy club to smack dog's nose who chase me when I run and gun. I do not like to do this but I do not like to be bite.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM   #20
Outer Circle

Quote:
I usually just put a hole through its cheek with my pen.
This only works on stupid humans.
Quote:
I will buy billy club to smack dog's nose who chase me....
Don't do that! Just run faster than the dog, or buy some of that bad smell cat spray that you put on furniture so that your cat won't stratch, or bark bark, or get one of those small compressed air horns---geez that should work even with bears, plus it's legal.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #21
Air China Pilot

If you lie on your back with your paws .. er hands and feet splayed out in a gesture of submission, the dog will know it has won and will leave you alone. Or maybe that's after it ritually tries to hump you.
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Water guns or amonia

I used to have a paper route and there was a dog that seemed to just be waiting for me every day to chase my truck and proceed to just stand in front of my truck when I would slow down so that I couldn't continue. I bet he did this with the postman too, maybe anything that was white in color. I thought all of this was funny but it held me up on time. So I bought one of those super-duper water guns with a resevoir and pressure pump and he got a surprise the next day. I wish I had a picture of the look on his face. Every day after that he hesitated before chasing me but that little shit still did but with more caution. I have also heard of people mixing amonia with the water which associates the experience with that smell and they learn real quick. I wouldn't want to hurt the dog. He's just doing what dogs do. Being bitten or almost bitten is different. I would probably try the amonia method with that experience.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #23
Trustee

Try to have some footages of that stupid dog. Then call a lawyer and bring the owner of the dog in court with this proof. He should have kept its dog attached.

Sure, you nevertheless will be bitten, but you will be rich, and the owner will have to sell his home to pay you! so no more dog!
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #24
Wrangler

Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds!

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #25
Major Player

Don't forget, HUMAN bites are even more dangerous than dogs'..
(Doesn't really matter how much we bruch those teeth..)
=)
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:07 AM   #26
Trustee

Anyone caught jogging in Edmonton while simultaneously shooting footage deserves to get bitten.

Run and gun in the West Edmonton Mall (second biggest after the Mall of the America's )

or

Hit the beast with your camera.
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #27
Contributor

Yeah, but then he'd have to deal with the mall cops. And, as everyone who's ever tried to shoot in a mall with a video camera knows, mall cops suck.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #28
Outer Circle

And I especially like the "mall cops suck" video. I wonder if it's still up?
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #29
Contributor

Nope--remember, it was taken down because the evil mall cops threatened lawsuits.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:51 PM   #30
Outer Circle

That's right. Thanks for reminding me.

When I was like 12 or 13, I had a CCM Charger 2-speed, black, of course. I used to go ripping through Polo Park shopping mall in Winnipeg during the week day evenings, when there were few shoppers. The evil guards never caught me, unlike poor Alex.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51