Could a pdx20 be seen at NAB ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old March 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Could a pdx20 be seen at NAB ?

.... maybe with progressive ?? Area 51 here we come ! I've been looking this afternoon at the new sony consumers , esp. the HC90 which has real 30p and 16:9 so sony could give us a reduced price. higher end DV camera that does everything we want and isn't the size of a small tank-like the fx-1-- maybe , well , you never know - Kurth
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm hoping for that very thing, but I think the PDX10 was released well after the PD150, so I'm afraid that if a similar schedule takes place, the HVR-Z1U will pre-date the HVR-X10 by a year or more.
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Wrangler

According to more than one report, Sony has said they won't introduce any more prosumer SD cameras. If you believe this then Patrick is probably right... we'll need to wait for a HVR-X10 :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Contributor

> Sony has said they won't introduce any more prosumer SD cameras

Which of course doesn't rule out the possibility of a new, smaller, less expensive HDV camera.
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Major Player

It's all in the language and obviously we'll know in 5 weeks - but I always thought the pdx10 was made by sony pro - and vx2100 was by definition a prosumer ( always a vague term anyway ) since it was a consumer camera used , sometimes by pros . With the leak about the 2 new shoulder-style dvcams , I think we can still entertain the possiblity that maybe sonys' not thru with the dv revolution yet . However all being equal , I'd love if Ignacio is right and we get a trimmed-down version of the fx-1, kinda like sony did with the vx1000 and the now forgotten , vx700. With this small anticipation, and waiting for panasonics' godot should make the middle of april an internet week for most of us.
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #6
Major Player

If Sony go for the HDV350, they will clean up imho

as far as I can tell it would be simply a matter of swapping the DV encoder board for an m2t board, 3 million pixels are already there

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #7
Major Player

John - that would represent , for me , the goose and the gander, if they would just give us manual shutter and real 25/30p , I'd sell the gold from my teeth. It might come in the new HC package instead ( and with a new lens ).Do you think Sonys' listening ? I see a price of $2300 as about right. Maybe this is the year we can really finally say - 16mm is dead - and it be true ! Kurth
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51