successor to the GL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old March 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

successor to the GL2

Any thoughts of what may make this the camera to own? Well here are mine. Make it 1/3'' 3CCD native 16:9 (sorry if I am off with that, not sure how CCD's are measured when they are 16:9, but I think you get what I am trying to say), 60i, 30p, and 24p (advanced, not standard), I do not know enough about HD, but if it will work with variable frame rates go for it. XLR inputs for once, throw on a manual zoom ring, do whatever it is that sony does to give it some sweet performance in low light. And it may not be plausible but just something i have been thinking of, instead of or along with minidv, do a type of direct to disk recording (mind you that is a far out thought, but something I would take advantage of for sure). Any thoughts of what you think Canon might do, or anything that you would like to see done, as realistic as it may be or not.

Alex B

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51