Gl3, Or Not????? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old July 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Gl3, Or Not?????

Hey everybody! Now, I hope I didn't excite anyone there, because I don't actually have any info on a Canon GL3. Sorry if I made you jump! Anyways, the reason I'm posting this is just to try to give some people a kick. About a week ago, I had this dream. There was a brown box on my counter top. The box said Canon on it. When I opened it, there was this neat camcorder inside. It was reminiscent of the GL2, but had an entirely new feel to it... It was larger than the GL2, and seemed more like a shoulder mounted cam than a handheld. I think it had a huge LCD screen, and I remember a lot of red on it, like the audio level bar that curves around the setting dial on the XL1s. The mic was bigger, and it seemed like the lens hood was integrated onto the camera. I "knew" it was the GL3, in my dream that is....you, know, how you just "know" things in dreams? Anyways, this "gl3" looked heaver and "clunkier" than GL2, but created a fresh, powerful new feel. I don't know about tech. specs, but the thing looked like it could handle A LOT!

Well, that's about all, sorry again if I excited anyone, just wanted to share this with you, to see what kind of reactin I'd get. And, if I'm right, I can claim the ability of foresight!!! (just kidding). Well, thanks for reading, I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the furure hold in store! Adios, Clint Grant
Clint Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sorry Everyone

Okay, that was officially the stupidest post yet. Sorry about that everyone! Man, I was tired that night. Sorry for getting your hopes up........

Clint Grant
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Grant
Okay, that was officially the stupidest post yet. <snip>
We uh.. didn't want to say anything.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

lol, yeah, I know....I really wish I could delete this.......well, I've made myself look like an idiot....

Oh, and I promise I won't post anything extremely stupid like this again!

Extremely sorry and embarassed,

Clint Grant
Old August 20th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #5
Major Player

Congratulations Clint!!!

You're now on page 1, hit 2 at Google when entering the query "Canon gl3".

Infamous and immortalized is now your accounting of the camera to appear soon at retailers near you.

Remember, Clint called it first. Watch for more news this Monday.

As for feeling sheepish about the whole thing, don't worry. Very few people have heard of Google.
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51