A Wish List for the 2011 Final Cut Studio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Major Player

Lots of good suggestions. The one that really resonates with me is Mathieu's one on rendering in FCP. The cost of the upgrade would be paid in 1 job just in render time savings alone if they made it a background task and got multi-core rendering truly happening on when rendering a sequence and exporting to Quicktime.

This profoundly affects all of us especially those working with LongGOP based footage.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
T
Whatever recent version it is that came out for PCs (I use them for work sometimes). . .I have no idea where anything is! Why did word need to be changed? It didn't!
You also need to send documents in the old version's file, because chances are that other people don't have the new version of word.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #18
Trustee

I think IF there is a new FCS DVDSP will not be in it. I think they have gone as far as they can with maestro and IF they are going to do bluray it will most likely be incorporated into FCP itself. Id like to see native AVCHD editing and a different way to handle audio I really cant explain it not being a regular FCP user (mainly because of the audio) but the way the audio is handled seems inconsistant if I capture through FCP is works one way if I import the files from somewhere else its different. Drives me nuts my needs are pretty simple. Oh id like a feature where FCP automaticly ripples back to allow handles when dropping in transsitions I know commercial guys would hate this so maybe it can be put in a pref somewhere. BTW what e-mail??
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #19
Major Player

I would also like to see FCP move towards Aperture/Lightroom.

On the other side:
I have fallen in love with CS5, and I am not sure I will ever go back to FCS. Apple is too slow, doesn't communicate with its customers, which I find unacceptable when you are dealing with prosumers and professionals who earn money with your software. There is no roadmap, nothing. And finally, I really believe that Apple's going to sell its Pro Apps in the near future. They don't need them anymore.

And as mentioned before, the future is online (interactive) content and Adobe is much better in that (Flash integration, Dynamic Link i.e.). So, to conclude, curious to see what they have cooked up, but it has to be shy of awesome for me to really go back to Final Cut Studio again.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:22 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Re: A Wish List for the 2011 Final Cut Studio

There are some pretty interesting rumours (that's rumors to a lot of you!) circulating on some of the Mac forums about a new FCS 2011 launch this spring. Seems a few select video pros (with the emphasis on the word pros) have been invited in to test it out as they put the final touches to it and it's supposed to be "radical". Glad I held off on the half hearted FCS 3 update last year..(I'm still on FCS2). Let's hope this turns out to be true!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM   #21
Major Player

New Final Cut Pro Is Real, And It’s Spectacular (And It’s Expected Spring 2011)

The only thing I can say is that Techcrunch's predicting record is pretty decent.
Emmanuel Plakiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #22
Wrangler

My feeling is that Apple will eventually be leveraging the touch screen capabilities of the iOS/iPhone/iPad into the OS X/Macs. So I'd love to eventually see a touch version of FCP and also the ability to use the the iPad as an accessory peripheral integrated with FCP. I would see that as jaw-dropping.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM   #23
Major Player

Just look at a demo of iMovie for iPad 2 to see what may be possible. Imagine a 27" touch screen display running Final Cut
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM   #24
Slash Rules!

I must be the only one who isn't excited at the prospect of dirty, oily fingerprints all over my screen when I'm trying to edit.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM   #25
Trustee

nah josh im with ya also I dont like having to reach across to my monitor for hours on end while editing a big project. Its ok for web stuff and looking at pix but editing I dont know.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #26
Major Player

How about having the iPad as a control interface that works with FCP. Imagine being able to assign any window to an iPad and then dragging and dropping between the two. You could have just the timeline on the iPad where you could use touch controls, but bins and monitors stay on the main screen!
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #27
Slash Rules!

Brilliant in theory, but, how would you know what you're touching without looking? With a computer screen, everything's in front of your eyes at the same time. With a screen/touch surface, it would likely be under your hands, and you'd constantly have to look down to see what control you're fumbling with, no?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #28
Major Player

I'm surprised that no-one mentioned the obvious - "make a version for Windows".
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Major Player

I'm curious about this too and whether architecturally there will be utilization of the iPad as an interface device with processing tasks executed by a service implementation on a MacPro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Poritsky View Post
I'm curious what everyone thinks of possible (probable?) interface changes. Lion is coming, whether we like it or not, and with it comes enhanced multi-touch gestures and an OS-wide focus on Fullscreen, state-saving apps. No one knows what the Final Cut team is going to do, but we do know that the overall interface of FCP has been virtually unchanged since v1.2.5.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:11 AM   #30
Major Player

NAB in a weeks time, hopefully we'll hear something soon
Steve Connor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51