A Wish List for the 2011 Final Cut Studio - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: A Wish List for the 2011 Final Cut Studio

I just plain gave up on Final Cut. I got sick of waiting for updates, patches, fixes, and work-arounds. Steve Jobs should stick to what he's good at, making pretty boxes and spending millions in advertising convincing people his products are worth the cost.

Sorry for the rant. :)
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Word is you won't have to wait long. FCPUG at NAB is now Apple Über Alles. All other presenters got the boot.
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #33
Trustee

I am interested in this new FCP to be honest I never REALLY liked FCP for my uses so im looking forward to the new GUI. I just wonder why everyone gets hooked on the PRO part. In more than one article they said ITS PRO!! Other than CODECS I dont know what constitutes pro vs prosumer anymore. The prosumer has come so far and does just about anything that the pro versions can do. Within reason.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #34
MPS Digital Studios

Boy it's all over the Apple rumors/news sites tonight that Apple will debut it at the Vegas Supermeet on April 12:

Rumor: New Final Cut Pro to debut on April 12

"(T)he rumors do seem to have credibility because Canon, Avid, and Autodesk have all confirmed that their sponsorships have been canceled because Apple has demanded no one else has the main stage."

Check out SuperMeet's page:

http://www.supermeet.com/

"The Final Cut Pro User Group Network is excited to have a very special guest presentation at the 10th Annual Las Vegas FCPUG SuperMeet. Come to see a surprise sneak peek at something very special - you really do not want to miss this one!"

Interesting.

heath

Last edited by Heath McKnight; April 5th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Heath McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #35
Major Player

I have a ticket to the SuperMeet. There have been breathings about this being the launching place for the new FCP for a number of weeks now. They still haven't spilled the beans but everyone is expecting there to be an extensive demo of it in the second half of the evening's presentations.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51