Canon 9/25/05 disappointment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old September 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Canon 9/25/05 disappointment

Yes, you heard it here first, yet another release date for Canon. Canon will be releasing two DVD camcorders the DC10 and DC20, I have no specifications on them, but the fact that Canon is taking that route is not a good sign in my opnion. I have no idea whether they will be announcing any HD products soon (chompin at the bit though) but the DC10 and DC20 will be about 800/900 bucks repectively, available on the 25th of September so they will be announced extremely soon...

I am waiting to see if Canon will get an HD cam out, or otherwise I'm going to the HVX...sure won't be buying a DVD camcorder
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Plenty of DC10 and DC20 info available, as they were announced worldwide except for North America:

DC10: http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home...PageID=26346#1
DC20: http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home...PageID=26346#1

In short, these are 1.3mp and 2.2mp respectively, recording on 8cm DVD-R discs.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #3
Wrangler

First you need to buy us that beer Noah....

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=355700
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Major Player

No doubt these are coming soon to the US, but maybe they'll pull a Steve Jobs and have "one more thing".
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #5
Major Player

First of all I never said an XL3 would be announced by 9/5/05...i simply said the XL2 had an out-of-stock date for that day and Canon would be announcing something new soon...which apparently I was right, just not announcing what we were hoping for...

When I found out the DC10/20 were coming out i didnt bother checking Europe/Asia's sites assuming Canon would release a product simultaneously across the world...my mistake...

And Jason, what do you mean "one more thing" did Jobs announce something recently I was not aware of?
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #6
Wrangler

Actually I think it was Lt. Columbo who was always saying "Just one more thing" :-)

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Hayes
And Jason, what do you mean "one more thing" did Jobs announce something recently I was not aware of?
Other than more iPod crap, nope.

I was just referring to the way he always does his keynote presentation. He'll show off some fairly interesting, but not too impressive stuff, start to wrap up, and then say, "there's one more thing." That's when he pulls something really neat out of his hat. I was just saying (hopeing) that canon will release "one more thing" if they release the DVD camcorders.
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #8
Wrangler

Ok, Noah, I'll cut you some slack on the XL2 out-of-stock prediction because you were right about the SD550. But if there is no independent confirmation that Canon has discontinued the XL2 by the end of Canon Expo next week, how about we get TWO beers?

Thinks to self: I hope it isn't too obvious that it is the beer, and not the cameras, that I'm really after!
;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #9
Major Player

Yeah I figured that much...how about I send you a check...I'm only 19, so 'legally' I can't buy beer for ya! When I turn 21...drinks are on me...lol
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Ok, Noah, I'll cut you some slack on the XL2 out-of-stock prediction because you were right about the SD550. But if there is no independent confirmation that Canon has discontinued the XL2 by the end of Canon Expo next week, how about we get TWO beers?

Thinks to self: I hope it isn't too obvious that it is the beer, and not the cameras, that I'm really after!
;-)
Ooooh..double or nothing, quite the gambler, eh Pete? If there's no camera next week, we'll be needing some beer to heal the hurt.

=gb=
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51