The videographers sense for beer - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #76
Trustee

I am a coffee snob. I am not a beer snob. To me, the important aspects of beer consumption are as follows:

1) Taste. Yes, it must taste good. That is why I tend to gravitate towards microbrews because they just taste so darned good. Plus, it's home made!Would you eat a fresh baked cookie or a Chips Ahoy? One exception: Yuengling. Now tell me, all you Yuengling drinkers out there, tell me true: Is that not a beer with a polished micro brew taste?

2) Label. I am a nut for cool labels.

3) The Vessel. BIG thing with me. Rick Bravo got me into consuming my beer in the wide, frosted, barrel shaped mug so common to European (German and Irish) ale houses. Something about a mug.

4) The holidays bring me an extra tich of joy since beer companies produce their "Beers From Around the World" gift packages. One day I'll sip a Heineken and imagine a stroll through Dutch country. The next day I may drink a Red Stripe and imagine a Jamaican corn rowing my hair by the cobalt blue ocean (Ya Mon! By the way, I have no hair). The next time I might enjoy a Moretti and picture the leaning Tower of Pisa.

5) But, for the beer I grab after a hot day mowing the lawn, I reach for my trusty Old Milwaukee. Why? Because it's the beer Steve McQueen made famous! If it's good enough for the King of Cool, then by gollies it's good enough for a bum like me. At the height of his popularity, McQueen was rumored to have agreed to do stunt motorcycle driving on a low budget film for $200.00 and a case of Old Milwaukee. Yeah, he was that cool.

6) Then there's Guinness...
Old February 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #77
Trustee

In order of preferance these days:

Guinness
Red Stripe
Fosters
Michelob (the real stuff, not that low carb yuppie crap)
Corona

After that, I switch to water because as the Python skit says:
"Your American beer is like making love in a cannoe...
It's f&*$#%g close to water"

And as Robert Cray sang, "Don't be afraid of the dark."

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #78
Trustee

Gimme a beer I can chew!

HEY! Does anybody like SAKE?
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #79
Inner Circle

Tequilla upgrade

I keep looking for the Tequilla button on Vegas, but it seems to alude me.
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #80
Trustee

You'll find the Tequila button on Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

(OOooh that was bad! I jumped off the Vegas ship 6 months ago when Sony Media Software told me that Vegas does not support Windows 64 bit operating system. And I was such a loyal user, too.)
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #81
Major Player

LOVE sake..... I get it every time I eat Japanese
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #82
Trustee

Ohhhhh I LOVE to eat Japanese. I spent a year in Okinawa, Japan, courtesy of the US Government and found the food and culture to be exquisite.
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #83
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
One exception: Yuengling. Now tell me, all you Yuengling drinkers out there, tell me true: Is that not a beer with a polished micro brew taste?
Yuengling is probably my favorite beer. Good taste at a reasonable price. Started drinking it in upstate NYS. That is, until they stopped distributing outside of PA for several years. Now it's back and I'm happy I don't have to trek it down to Philly for Yeungling.
Chien Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #84
Inner Circle

I really like Yuengling. The black & tan is best, but it can be a little harder to find. I was introduced to it in upstate New York as well. (Still live there.)
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:39 AM   #85
Outer Circle

Okay, I confess. It's Holsten Maibock what I drink. It's light and smooth and 7% alcohol. :-)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #86
Major Player

[QUOTE=Jos Svendsen]OOh

I am not into promotion of different beer brands. I mean - there is no discussion that the local brands here in Denmark are far superior .... So there is no discussion.

Hold up there a minute.
Sure -if you compare your local brews to our "national" brews, you'd be right. But there are a large number of micro breweries that are popping up that are starting to cater to the discriminating videographer/beer consumer.

Case in point- "Angelic Brewing" in Madison Wisoconsin used to make a wicked "Crop-Circle" Wheat brew. And, I myself have brewed a stellar India Pale Ale with a crisp aftertaste, and an unusually high alcohol content.
Thank you.

Jeff Patnaude
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51