Sony 4K Handicam pic leaked - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Sony 4K Handicam pic leaked

The usable aperture range on the NX5U is quite small for acceptable results too. In fact not too different from the small camcorders as anything smaller than about F4 starts to degrade the picture. Not surprising since the sensors are a similar size. Left in auto mode it moves to similar ranges as the NX30U etc. Hence my comments about letting the engineers who designed the system decide where the best performance is for the camera ( semi auto mode). For the NX5U use the ND filters when the system tells you too !!! Although I am sure for marketing reasons this new 4K camera will have the manual controls it may well perform a lot better in semi auto mode for the above posts reasons . Almost all my projects are in dark theatre so the aperture is always open and gain is on quite a bit !!!

My comment about depth of field relates to the current desire for shallow depth of field shots not really easily possible with these sorts of cameras in my mind. Needs bigger sensors, bigger lenses etc etc ...Money!!! However for me I need the opposite. Large depth of field as I want things on the stage to be in focus all the time even if I pan and zoom around the stage. The NX5U accomplishes this within reason. So for almost 4 times the cost of the smaller Sony's I get zooming without refocusing all the time, XLR audio, dual record with FMU128 and SD cards. The smaller Sony's do not as they all have a backfocus issue requiring focusing if zoomed. However in auto mode all the small Sony's have better performance since they all have improved sensors and electronics over the NX5U. If the main improvement in the new 4K model is to bring it up to date with the small Sony's it will be good !!! Now if it has touch focus and continuous AE shift it will be great.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 01:38 AM   #32
Regular Crew

There will be a more professional version of the FDR-AX1, too, called PXW-Z100.
Bernd Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:24 AM   #33
Space Hipster

Has anyone else noticed it has almost the exact same body as the AX2000? Even the lens looks the same. The FDR has more controls underneath the top handle forward mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Sony 4K Handicam pic leaked-ax2000cs.jpg  
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM   #34
Inner Circle

I think the 6 customizable buttons have been moved as well as the status and menu buttons too. I cannot quite read what the middle button says between the menu and status buttons. Don't see the profile button that is on my NX5U. Not sure if the AX2000 has picture profiles like the NX5U. Would not be surprised to get a similar feature difference on an NX4K model that are between the AX2000 and NX5U.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51