My Craigslist for today......... couldn't resist. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old July 1st, 2015, 11:20 PM   #1
Inner Circle

My Craigslist for today......... couldn't resist.

Independent movie/ movies
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: Tbd or percentage

Are you a student or someone looking to break into filming industry.
I'm looking to put projects together into film form and take my vision and work together on it.
Not much of a budget but who knows where it could go.
Not looking for fakes or anyone not willing to build together on different projects.
I'm New into this and looking for someone truly who loves filming and being able to make a movie from start to finish.
Will give percentage of sales and as we grow together so will the money.
I'm very serious in making some things happen and hope you are as well.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My Craigslist for today......... couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis View Post
Not much of a budget but who knows where it could go.
I know exactly where it will go: nowhere.

Quote:
I'm New into this and looking for someone truly who loves filming and being able to make a movie from start to finish.
This is what kills me. "Please do all the actual work for me, and I'll split the money with you!" Ideas are a dime a dozen, it's all about implementation.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle

At least they offered a percentage of sales? lol.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
At least they offered a percentage of sales? lol.
Not as egregious as a friend of mine from college who was trying to be convinced by some "director" who wanted to make a zombie movie that, while there was no pay for working on the film, she'd be allowed to take some props to sell on eBay and she could make some good money that way!
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM   #5
Major Player

Its funny, I still have an ad up for services as a wedding videographer. Get bites now & then so I keep doing it. That said, just today I got this strage response:

Sent from my iPhone

So yeah, a music video, shooting "today" in need of a cameraman. I'm sure that pays:/ He included his ph# but I didn't bother calling. I agree Gary Huff, "Ideas are a dime a dozen". Its the same thing with web design requests, mobile app ideas, Logo design. People just want stuff free without putting any real work or business model into it. Here's my idea: "Restaurant Needed - I have a great idea for a new restaurant, looking for empty store space & food/supplies. I don't have $$ upfront but we will be sure to be loaded once business takes off" Any takers??
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #6
Major Player

Saw this, not 1 but 2 Wedding Videographers for $250. Seems a bit egregious. Raw footage shoot. It's possible they or someone they know works in video & willing to edit it (gift). More likely is their cousins a graphic designer or owns an iMac
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____

My fiancé and I are looking for a couple of videographers to film our upcoming wedding on November 21st, 2015.
This would be a perfect opportunity for a weekend gig for college students with film/video/media experience.
There will be no editing required, just to shoot the footage of the events. We will also supply the means of capturing the video (tape/memory card/etc).
We will pay $250 for 5-6 hours of service ($125 for each videographer). Food will also be provided.

If interested, please respond with a link to a demo reel or previous work. We are not looking for skilled professionals, but experience and access to professional recording equipment is required.
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #7
Inner Circle

That's right around the same hourly pay you can make working on your local garbage truck.
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
That's right around the same hourly pay you can make working on your local garbage truck.
Sometimes, I want to accept a gig like this & thoroughly bomb it. But then I just let it go. Fortunately I have a wedding that date anyway:)

Did you used to live in NJ? You did good work from what I recall.
Old August 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
Sometimes, I want to accept a gig like this & thoroughly bomb it. But then I just let it go. Fortunately I have a wedding that date anyway:)

Did you used to live in NJ? You did good work from what I recall.
Me live in New Jersey, naa. I drove through it a couple of times. I think people who post these adds are influenced by their cell phones too much, thinking that video editing and the such is just that easy; cell phone cinematography. And anyone who would depend on two college students who have no reputation to care about, and then pay them so little is just asking for it imo.
Old August 19th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Major Player

Yeah, early on I would often get "We don't even need it edited" inquiries, and it was just obvious that I would give them a 90 minute take of the day with everything in it (boring shots, retakes, and shots of photo sessions with alot of time waiting in between photos, starting the cake cutting then the groom walks over to say hi to his friend for 40 seconds etc) all not set to music. Then when they respond back saying it's terrible I'd have to respond "Sweetheart, that's EDITING". Granted, I would shoot it differently, but you can only do so much. I think they think of "editing" as graphics, special effects, fades & dissolves, cheesy twist wipes etc.

I just didn't wanna go down that road. Can't imagine much good can come of such a package. It'd be a good package to offer, and nice to not have to do any editing, but I don't think the couple would understand the realistic expectation, and I wouldn't want any reviews risked over such a matter.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:07 PM   #11
Major Player

Here's an interesting one I found on CL today. Maybe the magic movie function in iMovie would work here.

===============

Looking for a professional experienced video editor to edit wedding videos.

Must know how to Use:
Adobe Premier or Final Cut.

Must have own equipment.

* Know how to make a Recap in the Beginning, Put in Baby Pics of Bride and Groom, add music, and pics of bride and groom at wedding and a final recap at the end.

Pay is $75 per video. (I have 20 jobs to give you).

Please email me.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

==========================
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:09 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu View Post
Here's an interesting one I found on CL today. Maybe the magic movie function in iMovie would work here.

===============

Looking for a professional experienced video editor to edit wedding videos.

Must know how to Use:
Adobe Premier or Final Cut.

Must have own equipment.

* Know how to make a Recap in the Beginning, Put in Baby Pics of Bride and Groom, add music, and pics of bride and groom at wedding and a final recap at the end.

Pay is $75 per video. (I have 20 jobs to give you).

Please email me.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

==========================
Maybe they meant 750.00
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:43 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu View Post
Hmm, looks like the ad writer also left out, "Adding motion graphics, fixing video, fixing audio, and numerous revisions."
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51