New Lumix "GH5-S" at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old October 15th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #1
Trustee

New Lumix "GH5-S"

So there are strong rumors out that Panasonic is going to have another "high end" camera announcement on November 8 2017.

It's being speculated that Panasonic wants to split the GH5 into different models in the same way that Sony does with it's A7 series.

Rumors are now growing that Panasonic is making a new "low light" GH5....let's just call it a "GH5-S". It's hard to imagine what Panasonic could do to improve the low light capabilities of the GH5 and it's smaller sized MFT sensor. What sensor could they buy that was better than the current Sony-built MFT GH5 model???

Well, lo and behold,....look at what Sony just announced!!! A new MFT sensor with just enough pixels for 1:1 DCI 4k, 10bit and up to 120p!!

Could this be the sensor for the new "GH5-S", low light camera? I'm betting the farm that it is!!

http://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/produc...4CJK_Flyer.pdf

Meet the new Sony IMX 294CJK. This model is being marketed as a "security camera" sensor. Lol...How many MFT security cameras have you seen with real DCI 4k resolution, 120p and 10bit color? LMAO!

This SCREAMS of the sensor Panny will buy for this new "GH5-S" thing-camera!

You heard it first here folks!

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:38 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: New Lumix "GH5-S"

Where did you find this info about a new gh5 model?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 09:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Totten View Post
... Meet the new Sony IMX 294CJK. This model is being marketed as a "security camera" sensor. Lol...How many MFT security cameras have you seen with real DCI 4k resolution, 120p and 10bit color? LMAO!...
Speaking from what we are told is the security camera capital of the world, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that 4K resolution cameras are being deployed in sensitive areas. Techniques such as face and gait recognition are being developed for use in ever more crowded locations requiring better resolution than full HD. Why do you think that professional security cameras have stepped out of the sensor development programme? They are used for a lot more than domestic burgular alarm systems here.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Trustee

Hmmm,...OK, I can buy the idea of super high end MI-6/CIA security cameras. I'm sure that will be great for that purpose.

But this answers the call for a rumored "low light" Panasonic "GH5-S" camera too as a companion to the current GH5. I'm guessing a "GH5-R" would have 24 or 28 megapixels for photographers?? I can't imagine an MFT sensor going higher than that. Maybe 20fps photo shooting?

So here are some the rumors:

https://www.43rumors.com/ft4-panason...a7-philosophy/

Nobody know for sure outside of Panny. But this seems to be the new Sony sensor that would fit the requirement.

We'll see......

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51