DVinfo needs new sponsors and a new direction! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old January 15th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #1
Major Player

DVinfo needs new sponsors and a new direction!

Hi There.

Just an interesting bit of statistics. I've posted an entry: "the videographers sense of beer" here in Area 51. The entry is discussing the creative effects of bees in videoproduction.

So far there has been 47 replies and 1.041 views. The members that replied to the post has 104.821 post to them, or an average of 4.461 post per viewer.

From the text book from my Marketing 101 this means that the subject attract the quality members of this board, and it is constantly generating serious interrest. Compared to the top posts in HDV forum this beer-subject is a clear winner.

To conclude further from same text book, this means that the moderators should change DVinfo, to have Budwiser, Carlsberg and Heineken as sponsors.

And one could seriously consider opening a video related bar - Color-bar!?!? Or an virtual chat based bar, where members could meet. Something like:

"Oh my NLE' does not understand me"
"Don't worry... my Canon hasn't talked to me for a week"
"Hey one more round of virtual Sam Adams".

You would then get virtual hangovers, but virtual Aspirin would fix it.

I originally planned to post this in "DV info net annoncements", but I can imagine that this entry would be moved down here faster than a bit in a firewire 800 cable, so...

JOS. Svendsen
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

bhphotovideobeer.com is available, maybe they should expand their business...

-Adam "sober" Keen
Adam Keen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51