DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   FX1 Out of Stock at B & H (merged with Z1 thread) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/65575-fx1-out-stock-b-h-merged-z1-thread.html)

Roger Mason April 20th, 2006 09:55 PM

FX1 Out of Stock at B & H (merged with Z1 thread)

Just saw that B&H is out of the NTSC FX1, the PAL version and Z1 are still available. Is this because of their holiday schedule, or can I go ahead and dream about some cool new replacement at NAB this weekend?

George Vick April 20th, 2006 10:02 PM

Not good news... I was ordering Monday.....

Neil Fisher April 21st, 2006 12:01 PM

yeah, both the Z1 and FX1 have been removed from my local dealers price list. Not something over the net, but rather an in person place where I asked how much - the answer not avaible any more, sorry -

Chris Hurd April 21st, 2006 12:28 PM

Wow, the subtle undertones of the subtext here sure makes me think something's afoot.

Alister Chapman April 21st, 2006 01:41 PM

Well it's been out for 18 months so it's pretty close to being a video antique.

Scott Vystrcil April 21st, 2006 02:21 PM

It figures...hehe

Just after I buy my Z1, it looks like they are going to announce something bigger and better. Oh well....such is life. :)

John C. Chu April 21st, 2006 02:32 PM

Hey..if a new replacement model causes the prices of the FX-1/Z1 to fall within reach of mere mortals [or serious enthusiasts], I say--"Bring it on!"

Maybe they are "suspending" sales so as to not tick off buyers that would just return the FX-1 when the new one is announced.

I'm sure the dealers don't want to have to deal with the returns either.

Oh well, maybe we are just reading into it...

Remember--B&H has been closed for almost two weeks for Passover and just returned to work today.

Boyd Ostroff April 21st, 2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Fisher
yeah, both the Z1 and FX1 have been removed from my local dealers price list.

However B&H still has the Z1 in stock:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Fascinating, huh? I guess next week might provide an answer to a few questions...

Mack Fisher April 22nd, 2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman
Well it's been out for 18 months so it's pretty close to being a video antique.

I wouldnt go that far.

Zack Birlew April 22nd, 2006 10:03 AM

If you've got either camera, I don't think you'll be hurting too badly if they do actually release a new FX1 and/or Z1. 1080i not enough for you? All those manual controls and comfortable workflow? All they needed to add was a real 24p option like their F900+ cameras have and you'd be all set.

But if you think about it, maybe they're toning down the FX1 like they did the HC1 because sales for the Z1U may not be as strong as they'd like. Who knows? Just have to see on Monday.

Kurth Bousman April 22nd, 2006 12:32 PM

.. or just eliminating the fx1 altogether ! Maybe they just want one consumer hdv camera. Who knows what sonys' up to. It's always 2 steps forward and one back ! Kurth

Dave F. Nelson April 22nd, 2006 11:36 PM

New Sony HDV Decks

Sony is showing 2 new HDV decks on their business solutions site.

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...products.shtml

These new VTRs use mini DV tape and the full size DV tape with up to 276 minutes of recording time available and support HDV, DV, and DVCAM.

HVRM25U HDV Videotape Recorder - $3,960.00
HVRM15U HDV Videotape Recorder - $2,640.00

... much better pricing than the HVRM10U.

The HVR-M10U VTR deck appears to be gone although there is still a rebate listed on the main HDV page. In it's place is an error page stating the following: You have requested a page we are unable to serve.

Looks like there will be a replacement for the DSR-250 with support for HDV, the Z1U and possibly the FX1 that use a full size DV tape. Sony indicates that the PDX10 has already been replaced with the AVR-A1U on their site. And the HDR-HC1 is gone too!

The new Sony XDCAM-HD systems are ready now. Looks like Sony is shaking things up to stay ahead of the competition. It will be interesting to see what shows up at this week.

NAB2006 started today April 22 and continues through April 27, 2006 in Las Vegas (exhibits open April 24).

--Dave

Sean Seah April 23rd, 2006 03:39 AM

its the same over here in Singapore. I asked about the FX1e from the local Sony gallery and the boss told me Sony Singapore has discontinued supply of FX1e and HC1e. While he knows that the latter will be replaced by HC3e the end of Apr, there is no news of wats gonna replace the FX1e.. or will there be? 2 more days to go for me! I cant wait to hear if there is something coming up on NAB..

Bob Zimmerman April 23rd, 2006 04:26 PM

I wonder now if Apple really had a typo a few weeks ago when the FX1 was $1999 or they just clean out their stock really fast.

Craig Sovereign April 23rd, 2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
I wonder now if Apple really had a typo a few weeks ago when the FX1 was $1999 or they just clean out their stock really fast.

They did sell some at that price. I bought one from a guy on Ebay. He bought 2, and sold one.