DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Help Us Find Rick Bravo! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/66469-help-us-find-rick-bravo.html)

Hugh DiMauro May 2nd, 2006 11:17 AM

Help Us Find Rick Bravo!

TOP SECRET...TOP SECRET...TOP SECRET...TOP SECRET...TOP SECRET...TOP

INTERNAL SECURITY MEMO - HIGH PRIORITY - EYES ONLY

TO: DV INFO MEMBERS
RE: MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE OF FELLOW AGENT X-Y-Y (RB)

FELLOW DV INFOERS: (Old ones and new ones)

I am concerned about the mysterious DV Info disappearance of colleague and fellow moviemaker Enrique "Rick" Bravo, Jr! Apparently, he has fallen into the cinematic abyss and we must coordinate a search and rescure party to find him so he may, once again, not only regale us with his filmmaking adventures of derring-do, but also impart his many years of hands-on expertise.

During the NAB convention, I had telephonically located Ricky nursing a cold beer and Jamaican beef patty in front of his Miami television set, watching an old movie who's title I cannot recall. I asked him to return home to his DV info family and he mumbled something about "...Hugh who?" I can only assume he was angry because some beef patty gravy must have dripped onto his fresh, beloved and most preferred tank top t-shirt he favors while relaxing.

ANYWAY...

Just to remind the old timers as well as the newcomers that Rick's very impressive website is thus:

www.rbravo.com

We're talking three (count 'em, THREE) generations of filmmaking expertise here!

Send the lazy bum an e-mail asking him to come out of the cold. He will accept kisses from the ladies and only good looking "girly-men" since he's the macho-est guy around. I will attempt another telephonic contact and lure him in. Oh, and the guy can cook. You need a recipe to impress the in-laws? Bravo is THE go-to guy.

Now, let's all sit in a circle and chant...

BRAVO COME HOME... BRAVO COME HOME... BRAVO COME HOME... BRAVO C

Hugh DiMauro May 2nd, 2006 06:34 PM

Update

SUPPLEMENTAL MEMORANDUM, FIELD AGENT X-11G.

I telephonically contacted Bravo at an undisclosed Miami location. Apparently, he's been given some sort of mind altering drug by an enemy agent causing him to act contrary to his standing orders which are:

Have fun and enjoy life at all costs.

I am awaiting instructions and possible assignment to fly down and clandestinely meet with Agent X-Y-Y (RB) in order to rescue and repatriate him into a reorientation program not unlike what the North Koreans used on POWs in 1951 (Please see The Manchurian Candidate for intelligence information).

I will keep all interested agents posted as to my progress.

Frank Granovski May 3rd, 2006 12:59 AM

Perhaps he went undercover and will resurface when the assignment's completed.

Hugh DiMauro May 3rd, 2006 07:44 AM

Ahhh! Field Agent FG-100

So nice to hear from HUMINT Special Field Agent (code named FG-6996) But your assessment, unfortunately, is incorrect because I know about all current assignments and RB is unassigned at the moment. And because I know for a fact that he is not a rogue agent, we need to locate him, and fast!

I am thinking on calling on numerous resident Florida field agents to locate him and spike his Mojito with rescue serum.

I will be forwarding a special request to Chief of Covert OPS (code name CH-CM-1. He's the guy on here with the REAL secret agent haircut, drink of choice Captain Morgan and Coke). Hopefully, we will hear from him shortly.

Over and out.

Lorinda Norton May 3rd, 2006 10:03 AM

Forum choice: You callin' Rick a tool? :)

Slow day at the asylum, Hugh? :) Okay, *sigh* I'll play along...

LN674 here. I've been missing RB's posts for a long time! Not only is he really funny, he's always willing to help with tips on shooting, lighting, gear--whatever.

Remember in the car in Miami, Hugh--I mean X-11G, when he patiently explained to me about measuring and marking the barrel for focusing? We were in party mode, yet he answered all my questions. I learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Believe it or not, I do have some intell: Several months ago he went in FRONT of the camera with his SRT buddies for scenes in Miami Vice the Movie. Traded his camera for a big gun! I can't wait for the movie to come out this summer!!!

Maybe get Keith, I mean KF2735, to pay our wayward pal a visit. We were all going to meet in Miami this May. (Sorry, Keith, but that ain't happening this year. We'll keep trying!)

K. Forman May 3rd, 2006 10:50 AM

I might- just might- be in Miami this Saturday. I responded to an ad for a shooter, but haven't heard back. Considering how much I hate driving back from Miami in the wee hours, I quoted them full price. Plus mileage.

Chris Hurd May 3rd, 2006 11:46 AM

I reported directly to Capt. Morgan every day last week, and I still can't remember his exact orders. Something about "Area 51" but it's hazy. Where in the world is Rick Bravo? Did he got to LEVA Expo... and not return?

Hugh DiMauro May 3rd, 2006 01:13 PM

So nice to see all of our field agents reporting.

1) LN 674: I've been cleared by the agency shrink (check my personnel file. It's all in there). The voices that had frequently instructed me to stay home and clean my guns have stopped completely since Psych Services dispensed those special tablets that I'm to take before beddy-bye time each night. Kindly refrain from besmirching my character in front of CH-CM-1 lest he take me off the active field agent roster and put me behind a desk where I'm sure to do no good in locating X-Y-Y (RB).

2) CH-CM-!: Hiya boss! Nice to see you checking in with the troops! Can I get you a cup of coffee, Sir? How about fetch your lunch? (Yeah, I'm looking for a promotion).

3) KF-2735: Keep up the good work. When RB surfaces we might have to drive next to him in a nondescript white panel van, jump out, yank him inside and take off for an intervention.

Dylan Couper May 3rd, 2006 03:35 PM

I think I just came up with the theme for DVC6.

Meryem Ersoz May 3rd, 2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
I think I just came up with the theme for DVC6.

that's no fair, hugh has a head start on his script!

hugh, you're a nut. i, like, wish you were my son.

Lorinda Norton May 3rd, 2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
hugh, you're a nut.

Uh huh. Maybe somebody oughta review that personnel file...
;)

Our last sighting of Rick Bravo involved watching him run a live camera during a Florida Panthers hockey game. He's around...it's just a matter of bringing him in.

And I can't think of anyone better for the job than Agent X-11G. Meryem, maybe you could make sure he stays on his meds and stuff... :)

Hugh DiMauro May 3rd, 2006 08:34 PM

LN-674:

Check your job description. You'd been originally hired to make sure I'm on my meds.

Hugh DiMauro May 4th, 2006 06:43 AM

I think I'll try another telephonic comminque to Bravo via scrambled sattelite link. I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, I suggest all new agents review Bravo's personnel file:

www.rbravo.com

That's an order.

Meryem: (ME-612) Trust me, the liability of adopting me is not worth the aggravation. Keep your blood pressure normal. Besides, I have a distinct tattoo across my buttock.

Greg Boston May 4th, 2006 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Besides, I have a distinct tattoo across my buttock.

That's too much information! Thanks for ruining my breakfast. (hehe)

-gb-

K. Forman May 4th, 2006 07:00 AM

Oh, the jokes I could make at Hugh's expense!