FCP Extreme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old September 11th, 2006, 05:23 AM   #1
Major Player

FCP Extreme

I've heard (from a hitherto very reliable) source that Apple have a turbo-charged version of FCP in devlopment. It's supposed to be a 'Symphony Killer'. This could be complete rubbish, of course. Does anybody here know anything about this?
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Think Secret or some rumour site had a report on this a few months back. They also said it would include hardware. I have seen nothing since.

Andrew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, i remember reading about it too, if it has hardware, i bet (if itīs true and my memory donīt fail) for the Kentsfield Intels, in a nice eight cores beast. Maybe sooner than NAB ī07.

FC Studio has a great price-quality and itīs one of the reasons of itīs popularity. I donīt think it would be wise to make two versions of the software; buying the monster will be difficult enough.

We will know for sure sooner or later...
Old September 11th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Major Player

I would love the idea if I could afford it. I presume the included hardware would provide better graphics support for Motion 2 and would allow much faster encoding with Compressor as well.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #5
Trustee

I haven’t read those rumors in a while but I can remember reading that it will be able to edit 4K movies easily and have a price tag of 10,000 dollars.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 05:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Yes, We read the same news Paulo. But for now is just speculation without any basement.

Maybe IF they make a pakage of FC studio combinated with a better and new Shake (or whatever they call the new FX beast) and the eight cores, plus all the ram in the world and a big RAID could make the thing go to the tens...

I need to get some cash...
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Major Player

Yeah, I'm not sure it makes a great deal of sense. The beauty of FCP over Avid is that it's an open system, the software is the same and you can scale up your functionality with kit from 3rd party suppliers who compete and keep prices relatively low. A closed hardware system would put FCP in direct competition with Avid systems, which seems unwise - not least because there's a lot of catching up to do there and because it rather alienates current FCP users. An advanced version of the software with extra features for a little bit more money might be okay. What does everyone think?
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #8
Major Player

An advanced version?

I thought we already had that...as in Final Cut "Pro"
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
An advanced version?

I thought we already had that...as in Final Cut "Pro"
Wait till the merge Shake/Motion/Live Type

That will be advanced.

Hopefully next year.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51