DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/)
-   -   Got some weird green screens on some Samurai clips. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/503489-got-some-weird-green-screens-some-samurai-clips.html)

Peter Corbett December 12th, 2011 12:52 AM

Got some weird green screens on some Samurai clips.

3 Attachment(s)
I got several green captures the other day on a 117-clip filming session. 16 had this effect. I had the SxS card from the F3 so I'm not stressed about it, but has anyone else had this?

Marty Hudzik December 12th, 2011 11:18 PM

Re: Got some weird green screens on some Samurai clips.

I thought I saw a single green frame at the end of one of my clips when I had it on the timeline but not sure. Definitely not seeing this regularly in any other clips. Does this just last for a single frame or a long sequence?

Ryan Sarver January 23rd, 2012 12:22 PM

I have the exact same problem.....were you able to isolate the problem?

Peter Corbett January 23rd, 2012 03:20 PM

Atomos are working on it, but I haven't heard anything back.

Ryan Sarver January 23rd, 2012 03:37 PM

Thanks for the update. It is totally random and unfortunate. I shoot with an F3 to slog so having a good ProRes file is pretty important. Having these kinds of problems is not very inspiring.

Peter Corbett January 23rd, 2012 03:58 PM

Ryan, go to the Atomos contact page and send them a note specifically mentioning the F3. the more people they are aware of with the issues, the more it will help.

Ed David January 31st, 2012 11:11 AM

I am having these problems too - see there is a new firmware update available that addresses these issues that came out 30 January that says it addresses. trying this out asap. Atomos is responsive to concerns - love it!

James Kuhn January 31st, 2012 12:27 PM

So, if I understand correctly, the firmware update, ATOMSAM_v2.61, corrects this problem?

J.

Ed David February 1st, 2012 09:43 AM

Even newere - the firmware 2.7 update - used it yesterday - super flawless.

James Kuhn February 3rd, 2012 12:27 PM

I never had the 'green screen' issue, but the latest firmware down-load, v. 2.7, loaded flawlessly and I should be up to date. I have a Sony HXR-NX5U, a pretty good camera all on it's own, but with the Atomos Samurai on-board the difference in video quality is significant. A very nice product. I'm interested in what additional functionality the future 'firmware' updates will bring. All things taken equally, I think the Atomos products have lived-up to the 'hype'. Although, they're ability to meet an 'advertised' delivery date leaves a little to be desired.

Regards,

J.