DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/)
-   -   Atomos - Spare SDI cables (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/504990-atomos-spare-sdi-cables.html)

James Kuhn February 3rd, 2012 12:29 PM

Atomos - Spare SDI cables

Has anyone received their 'spare' SDI cables from Atomos, yet?

Regards,

J.

Mike Sims February 6th, 2012 07:02 PM

Re: Atomos - Spare SDI cables

I got a message from Atomos Support today on an unrelated matter which also contained the following-

"The DTap and additional cables sadly did get delayed, we are currently still producing these, but are also in Chinese New Year, we are waiting for an update on the progress of this and will send an announcement out once the New year is over.

The DNxHD is now looking more like March but we hope to know more in the coming weeks."

Robert Fierce February 7th, 2012 12:35 PM

James-
Any word on those right angled mini bnc connectors, yet?

James Kuhn February 9th, 2012 05:04 PM

Robert...the 'right-angle' project is on-hold for the near-term, at least for me. I'm up to my ears in a documentary. Please feel free to pursue a viable technical solution on your own, if you'd like. Let the 'group' know what progress you've made.

Regards,

J.

Ed David February 11th, 2012 10:07 AM

you can get the spare BNC to minbnc cables - made specifically for the Samurai here: Markertek - Audio and Video Equipment - Professional Broadcast Studio Equipment and order ATO-MB-BF-6IN

It appears that TecNec Distributing is the official US distribuator of the Samurai and is handling repairs and all that here.

James Kuhn February 11th, 2012 10:58 AM

Ed...that's interesting about 'Marertek, are the cables and D-Tap adapter free of charge from Marketek? Tapeworks Texas tells me the new U.S. Distributor is 'TecNec Distributors', so I don't know who's the real 'Distributor'. I was told by Atomos Help Desk, "The two extra BNC cable and the Dtap are part of registration and are free and we expect to start shipping these out to registered Samurai user soon. This come s directly from Atomos and not the reseller or country distributor.". Now this information was as of 12/28/11, but things may have changed. Maybe MarkerTek is making the cables on their own or are a 'sub'?

Regards,

J.

James Kuhn February 18th, 2012 01:56 PM

This is the latest response I've received from Atomos. I'm becoming a big fan of the Atomos. Certainly, they are working hard to upgrade their firmware on a regular basis, and I believe they are listening to the 'Pro ENG', and other DV 'professionals' in the community. Many of the 'firmware' upgrades are a result of their direct interaction. I'm also sure the management structure within Atomos monitors websites like this for issues, concerns, and product reviews.

"Hi J,
These are currently still in production once completed and tested we will ship them out to all registered users.
We hope they will be soon, now Chinese New Year is over."
Best Wishes
Jenny Pitts
Head of Support
Atomos
Support

Best regards,

J.

James Kuhn February 20th, 2012 11:55 AM

For anyone who is interested, I received the following response from the Atomos Help Desk:

"Hi J,
Sorry for the delay over the weekend, we are producing a longer miniSDI to BNC this is what will be shipping to all registered users as additional cables.
I am waiting for the exact length :) "

Best Wishes
Jenny Pitts
Head of Support
Atomos

It's my understanding the 'new' cables will be 70cm (27.6") in length. This came directly from Jonathan Young in an email to a Pro reviewer.

Take good care of yourselves,

J.

James Kuhn June 5th, 2012 12:42 PM

Still waiting!

Regards,

J.