Atomos - Spare SDI cables at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Atomos - Spare SDI cables

Has anyone received their 'spare' SDI cables from Atomos, yet?

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Atomos - Spare SDI cables

I got a message from Atomos Support today on an unrelated matter which also contained the following-

"The DTap and additional cables sadly did get delayed, we are currently still producing these, but are also in Chinese New Year, we are waiting for an update on the progress of this and will send an announcement out once the New year is over.

The DNxHD is now looking more like March but we hope to know more in the coming weeks."
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #3
New Boot

James-
Any word on those right angled mini bnc connectors, yet?
Robert Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Major Player

Robert...the 'right-angle' project is on-hold for the near-term, at least for me. I'm up to my ears in a documentary. Please feel free to pursue a viable technical solution on your own, if you'd like. Let the 'group' know what progress you've made.

Regards,

J.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

you can get the spare BNC to minbnc cables - made specifically for the Samurai here: Markertek - Audio and Video Equipment - Professional Broadcast Studio Equipment and order ATO-MB-BF-6IN

It appears that TecNec Distributing is the official US distribuator of the Samurai and is handling repairs and all that here.
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Major Player

Ed...that's interesting about 'Marertek, are the cables and D-Tap adapter free of charge from Marketek? Tapeworks Texas tells me the new U.S. Distributor is 'TecNec Distributors', so I don't know who's the real 'Distributor'. I was told by Atomos Help Desk, "The two extra BNC cable and the Dtap are part of registration and are free and we expect to start shipping these out to registered Samurai user soon. This come s directly from Atomos and not the reseller or country distributor.". Now this information was as of 12/28/11, but things may have changed. Maybe MarkerTek is making the cables on their own or are a 'sub'?

Regards,

J.
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Major Player

This is the latest response I've received from Atomos. I'm becoming a big fan of the Atomos. Certainly, they are working hard to upgrade their firmware on a regular basis, and I believe they are listening to the 'Pro ENG', and other DV 'professionals' in the community. Many of the 'firmware' upgrades are a result of their direct interaction. I'm also sure the management structure within Atomos monitors websites like this for issues, concerns, and product reviews.

"Hi J,
These are currently still in production once completed and tested we will ship them out to all registered users.
We hope they will be soon, now Chinese New Year is over."
Best Wishes
Jenny Pitts
Head of Support
Atomos
Support

Best regards,

J.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Major Player

For anyone who is interested, I received the following response from the Atomos Help Desk:

"Hi J,
Sorry for the delay over the weekend, we are producing a longer miniSDI to BNC this is what will be shipping to all registered users as additional cables.
I am waiting for the exact length :) "

Best Wishes
Jenny Pitts
Head of Support
Atomos

It's my understanding the 'new' cables will be 70cm (27.6") in length. This came directly from Jonathan Young in an email to a Pro reviewer.

Take good care of yourselves,

J.

Last edited by James Kuhn; February 20th, 2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Converted cm to in.
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Major Player

Still waiting!

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun