Anyone using a monitor hood on Ninja/Samurai? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone using a monitor hood on Ninja/Samurai?

If so, what would you recommend? I have not found any specifically mentioned anywhere, except in an Atomos release from NAB 2011, saying a hood, loupe and cable management system would be available (along with the Samurai) in 'summer 2011' ...
Dominic Witherow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Anyone using a monitor hood on Ninja/Samurai?

Dominic...there's nothing commercially available that I am aware. Maybe Hood Man? ATOMOS is planning to produce a 'Monitor Hood' specifically for their products. Can't wait to see how much they're asking for it. Heh, heh!

In the meantime, I plan on building my own version using black Matt Board and good 'ol Gaffer's tape. If it works, I'll place some still images of the project.

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

we used an old moniter hood ( from the 80's we had lying around) cut some holes in it, and it was goos to go.. not perfect, but makes it usuable in the field...
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone using a monitor hood on Ninja/Samurai?-img_0094.jpg  
Greg Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Major Player

Greg...sweeettt! I guarantee it's a better hood than you can buy commercially these days. Let's face it, it won't win any beauty contests, but it obviously works, or it would have been tossed aside long ago. I love it!

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun