Charger Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old June 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1
New Boot

Charger Issue

My self and a fellow cameraman have had the same issue with the charger lights going out on certain batteries after they are charged where others do not? At first I thought it was a bad battery that would not charge again as when I took it off the charger and replaced no lights came on. It was not until the battery was discharged that the charger lights would activate. I know the battery has to "talk" to the charger so I am wondering if there is a fault somewhere? Just strange that it has happed to at least two units that I know of.
The battery still charges but this inconsistent charging lights is a bit troubling.Anyone else had the same issue??? After it is discharged the lights come back on as normal until its at full charge and an hour later they go out. . If the lights going out was an indicator that the battery has charged fully I would understand that but it only does it on one of the 4 batteries I have??
Comments??
Scott Imler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Charger Issue

Scott...I don't have that issue, but if it's only happening to one of your four batteries, I'd suspect the battery may be at fault, not the charger.

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Atomos

Re: Charger Issue

Hi Scott,

The charger has two modes when charging, these two modes are in order to prolong the life of the battery. Most battery chargers for Lithium-ion batteries operate in this way:

R.e. Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first mode is a high current mode which recharges a battery that has been discharged. This is indicated by flashing LEDs on the charger.

The second mode is a trickle charge mode for when the battery is nearly fully charged. This is indicated by four steady LEDs on the charger.

When there are no LEDs lit on the charger the battery is fully charged.

Kind regards,

Ivan Radley
Atomos
Ivan Radley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun