Using Connect H2S on Samurai at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old May 18th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Major Player

Using Connect H2S on Samurai

Probably this has been discussed before, are there any problems using a Connect H2S on a Samurai? The system would be Canon 5DM3 HDMI output to Connect H2S (mounted on second battery slot of Samurai with battery attached) then converted SDI sent to Samurai SDI input. Primary #1 Samurai battery slot used with battery to power Samurai recorder. Maybe the Connect H2S will power the Samurai as well as itself in slot #1 - don't know about this though.

I can't see why this wouldn't work, any comments welcomed.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Using Connect H2S on Samurai

Hi Bruce,

The Atomos Connect units are expressly designed to be stackable on the Ninja and Samurai units (or one another), with the battery on top providing power all the way down through the stack to anything connected below.

It doesn't matter if you attach the H2S on battery slot #1 or #2, but keep in mind that if you only have one battery attached to Ninja or Samurai, it must be on #1.

Thanks
Old February 15th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Tourist

Re: Using Connect H2S on Samurai

If you are using the battery eliminator for the Samurai, is power provided to the H2S to negate the need of a battery there? I suppose if you put the Samurai's battery eliminator on top of the H2S, that would pass through, as you say, and power the Samurai too?

(I'm considering the Samurai / H2S combo over a Ninja to get the better capacitive screen, and the proxy mode. My jobs run 6 or 7 hours of video time, so don't want to stock batteries just for the H2S.)

Last edited by Kelly Hughes; February 15th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
Kelly Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun