Secure HDMI Cable for Ninja at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old June 5th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Secure HDMI Cable for Ninja

I just purchased two Atomos Ninja's and a priority has been to find HDMI cables I can have confidence won't easily come loose while filming.

Previously I had searched for the same thing for connecting a monitor to my glidecam rig. At that time (several years ago) the only thing I found was a very stiff HDMI cable that did more harm that good. (I think the idea was that it was so stiff it would stick straight out from the cononector and not droop down where the weight might cause it to come loose).

This time around I tried two possible solutions. One was a short HDMI cable with swivel connectors. I really like how they operate and no doubt the connector would be less likely to come loose.

However the second cable I got is the absolute winner. It is the Pefect path HSMI 700 series with "PerfectLock" connectors. Once you have pushed the HDMI connector on you simply slide up the outside sleeve a bit and it locks the cable in place. After testing it I just ordered a second for my second Ninja unit.

Last edited by D.J. Ammons; June 6th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun