DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/)
-   -   NEW: Ninja Blade launched (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/521854-new-ninja-blade-launched.html)

Wolfgang Schmid February 25th, 2014 06:09 AM

NEW: Ninja Blade launched

Home | Atomos

It is a Samurai Blade but with HDMI-ports instead of SDI-ports.

Usefull if your camera has HDMI - and if you wish to use the better capabilities of the Balde compared with the Ninja2 (higher resolution of monitor, waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade).

I have tested the new unit and can confirm that it is great! :)

Jerry Porter February 25th, 2014 08:18 AM

Re: NEW: Ninja Blade launched

Well crap today just got expensive.....

Cliff Totten February 25th, 2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang Schmid (Post 1833840)
Home | Atomos

It is a Samurai Blade but with HDMI-ports instead of SDI-ports.

Usefull if your camera has HDMI - and if you wish to use the better capabilities of the Balde compared with the Ninja2 (higher resolution of monitor, waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade).

I have tested the new unit and can confirm that it is great! :)

Excellent! I love the Samurai Blade

Important....Does it have focus expansion?

Nate Haustein February 25th, 2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Porter (Post 1833857)
Well crap today just got expensive.....

Second that! B&H has a pre-order page up at the moment, and they said it will ship in approximately 2 weeks.

From what Philip Bloom says in his blog post, there is not currently focus expansion: Review of the New Atomos Ninja Blade and Samurai Blade | Philip Bloom

Chris Loh February 25th, 2014 05:38 PM

Just returned my Ninja 2, waiting for BH to start shipping these!

Wolfgang Schmid February 27th, 2014 08:01 AM

If you mean focus peaking - yes it has focus peaking.

Andy Wilkinson February 27th, 2014 08:35 AM

Played with it a little at BVE in London. Very nice screen (a big step up from the awful screen on the Ninja2) and I think it'll sell well. Still pondering about getting one for my C100...primarily as a better monitor as the LCD on the C100 is far from perfect.

Wolfgang Schmid February 27th, 2014 06:27 PM

A nice presentation video:

Cliff Totten February 27th, 2014 06:45 PM

Focus (monitor zoom) expansion is the only thing the Ninja and Samurai are missing.

I dont understand what the problem has been in adding it. Is there a processor or graphics limitation that is making development diffucult?

If Atomos can just figure out a way to get that in, they would then reach the "100% perfect recorder" stamp from me.

Atomos...is there anything you want to say about this?

CT

Wolfgang Schmid February 28th, 2014 01:49 PM

I am not Atomos, but I ask myself how one unit should manage to learn all the different signals required to control all the different cameras. It would not be enough to have a zoom control, I would also aks for an iris and shutter speed and white balance control. But such remote control units are different for every camera type - Sony is not compatible with Panasonic what is not compatible with Canon what is not compatible with Nikon and so on.

I think it would be enough if a lot of hdmi cameras could be manage to start/stop the recording function on the Atomos units - embedded in hdmi. That works for few units only.