NEW Atomos FLAME Series Monitor Recorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old March 21st, 2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Major Player

NEW Atomos FLAME Series Monitor Recorders

New from Atomos:

"The Atomos Flame Series delivers the world’s most advanced 7” field monitor, delivering the luminance detail of Log with HDR Post Production color accuracy for the first time in a field monitor. The AtomHDR engine not only resolves HDR brightness detail, with 10-bit monitor processing it also resolves 64 times more color information than traditional 8-bit panels. For Rec709 standard dynamic range scenes the 1500nits brightness aids with outdoor shooting as does the upgraded power management system that will keep you shooting longer in the field. Of course you also get the professional 4K/HD ProRes/DNxHR Recording, Playback and Editing that has made Atomos famous.”

The Shogun Flame is $1,695 and the Ninja Flame is $1,295

As always let me know if you have any questions or if i can help in any way.

Eric Petrie
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Finance the Canon C300mkII for $459/month, $0 down
Finance the Sony Fs7 for $245/month, $0 down
http://provideoandtape.com/financing.php
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Atomos FLAME Series Monitor Recorders-flame-press.jpg  
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 12:47 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: NEW Atomos FLAME Series Monitor Recorders

Back in 2014 I went to the ABS Annual Media Technology Expo in the Fremont district of Seattle and while there I chatted with the guy running the Atmos booth. I don’t remember his name or title but he was an important person with the company. One of the things we talked about was how it could be used on a boat and then the conversation turned to view ability and brightness. I mentioned that the chart plotter and radar screens used on boats have virtually no problem in bright sunlight and he was very interested in what I had to say, taking notes of some of the companies I gave him that provide these screens.

I can only wonder if the conversation had some input into their new daylight capability. The chart plotters tend to be more limited in colors but those that they use are easily viewable in bright light. Some of the other chart plotter features, like sonar scans for example, tend to have a broader range of colors.

In any event, it would be nice to have a LCD type screen that is easily viewable in bright light for use out on the water.

Oh, and that was the year there was a multi-alarm fire across from the street at the Expo. The JVC rep used his gear and videoed the fire then uploaded the shots to a local TV station. Getting there was gridlock because the fire department had a lot of the streets closed off. Naturally.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: NEW Atomos FLAME Series Monitor Recorders

The brighness looks promising!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun