RE: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old February 29th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

RE: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

If you buy this program is it only downloadable once. Make it easier. I have to computers which I would like to have this program on...will it let me install the program on 2 machines or do I have to buy lic. to get another copy? What woudl happen if I were to put it on one machine and something happens to the point that I have to do a system restore. Would I be able to install it again or am I out of 500 bucks???
I'm working on the trial version and my machine probably needs to be restored. Will I be able to continue with my free 30 day trial or do I lose out?
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You can download as many times as you want and the license allows you to install it on multiple machines as long as you only run it on one at a time. ( plus it comes with a network render option which would allow you to use both procs over the same network to render, however encoding is only allowed to be done by one proc because of licensing with MainConcept ).

Dave
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Major Player

You can install on a second comp as long as you don't use both copies at same time.

Additionally if you keep your registration serial (generally a good idea) you can re-install if your comp crashes. I've had to.

As for reformatting your HDD and getting another 30 days use out of Vegas, yeah, you could do that but it's a pain in the ass. Better to pony up the dough and commit to Vegas and she'll commit to you.

David, thanks for the info. I'll have to do a little research there and see if my dualcore laptop couldn't give the HT P4 desktop a little extra "boomph" in the rendering dept.

*edit* Just realized, David, you may be referring to versions AFTER Vegas 6.0d. The network rendering...is it only in the newest versions or will my 6.0d version make network rendering happen as well? *edit*

ian
Ian Slessor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion